LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

BigWads 2010 Offseason Mock 2.0

At first I was all in with the two OL is the first round crowd. After hearing and reading the scouting reports on the OL class I am becoming increasingly more disenchanted with the class. I think Oher was better than every OT in this year's class, who was taken at 22 last year. And, Staley was a better prospect than all but Okung.

If there are OL worth of our selections I think we still go OL with both picks, but I am going on the assumption that there are not. With that in mind...

Resign: Bly, Franklin (3 year deal), Sims

Draft:

1a. C.J. Spiller - Worthy heir apparent to Gore-and makes Gore tradeable...aaaahhhhh blaspheme...-he will start immediately at PR/KR and be the #1 backup

1b. Jerry Hughes or Brandon Graham - Personally, I think Hughes is better despite Graham's awesome senior bowl. Hughes is going to blow up the combine. That being said, we take the better of the duo and that will come to light as we get closer.

2a. Vladimir Ducasse, OT/OG - Will probably end up being an OG, but if he takes Baas's position that is fine with me.

2b. Kyle Wilson, CB - great small school talent who tore up every opponent he played against. We will have to trade up to get him, but so what.

We add two immediate starters in Spiller and Graham/Hughes and Ducasse could probably start immediately for Baas.
we gatta get a RT in the first
Originally posted by DANADA:
we gatta get a RT in the first

If there is one worthy, I totally agree with you.
We need lineman. Hopefully there will be good ones around so we don't have to draft these guys. Don't get me wrong, those guys are good but I don't want em.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
How did we you get 2a and 2b??
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
As much as I like your train of thought, all of the first round OT prospects are better than Sims and Snyder - our two main prospects at RT should we not address the need.

C.J. Spiller or Graham, I get and fully support. But the whole BPA vs need is now out the window when Singletary and McCloughan's jobs are on the line this season.

In the second, I could see us trying to trade up for Charles Brown out of USC, but a hybrid OT/OG prospect in the 2nd round? I don't think that fulfills the glaring hole of talent and need we have at the O-line position.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

This?
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:

This?

Quote:
2b. Kyle Wilson, CB - great small school talent who tore up every opponent he played against. We will have to trade up to get him, but so what.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TJA85:
Originally posted by tohara3:

This?

Quote:

Experts like Mike Mayock view him as the #2 CB in the draft, we may need to trade up very early 2nd for him.
do not like this at all. any mock with out us picking an OT is not a good mock in my book

Share 49ersWebzone