There are 195 users in the forums

49ersBackOnTop's mock draft v.2

Where did we get a 2B? Did I miss something?

Oh, I see. Never mind. Too high for Jacoby. You can get him in the 4th.

[ Edited by dbdublin on Feb 15, 2010 at 08:48:26 ]
Originally posted by dlance:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by 49ersBackOnTop38:
Thanks for the responses. Predicting a draft day trade is very tough and next to impossible but seeing that we have the flexibility to do so since we already have a talented team, I would pull of this trade in a heartbeat. I can also see new england going against there norm and moving up to get a guy like spiller or mcclain and giving up one of their 3 or 4 2nd rounders

New England's very interesting this year. They have alot of holes to fill and alot of ammunition. They also have a closing window so they need to make an impact with this draft.

In order for that trade to make sense though NE would have jump from 22 to 13 because 22-17 is not even close to having a 2nd round value.

or we could just stay put in the 1st round and trade with the pats to get back into the second round (possibly 11's first, like the panthers and niners trade), that's my dream at least

NO thank I do NOT want to see them trade next yr first for a second this yr. if they did that last yr they would not have pick 13 this yr.

well duh that's what happens when you make that trade

and I agree with the other poster that said with the uncertainty of Alex it wouldn't be a good idea, but is next years draft a strong one for qbs?
  • 49ersBackOnTop38
  • Info N/A
Thanks for the responses. Predicting a draft day trade is very tough and next to impossible but seeing that we have the flexibility to do so since we already have a talented team, I would pull of this trade in a heartbeat. I can also see new england going against there norm and moving up to get a guy like spiller or mcclain and giving up one of their 3 or 4 2nd rounders

New England's very interesting this year. They have alot of holes to fill and alot of ammunition. They also have a closing window so they need to make an impact with this draft.

In order for that trade to make sense though NE would have jump from 22 to 13 because 22-17 is not even close to having a 2nd round value.

or we could just stay put in the 1st round and trade with the pats to get back into the second round (possibly 11's first, like the panthers and niners trade), that's my dream at least

I wouldn't trade a future first round pick regardless of whether Alex pans out or not. The only time I would is if we have shown consistency in going deep into the playoffs year after year and we can afford to give up a future first for that impact player at the moment. Plus, if Alex doesn't pan out next year, we will more than likely miss the playoffs which means we will more than likely be drafting in the middle or earlier so we would always be able to trade that 1st and that 2nd to move up and grab a QB if need be. I appreciate the panthers for their stupidity last year lol

NO thank I do NOT want to see them trade next yr first for a second this yr. if they did that last yr they would not have pick 13 this yr.

and I agree with the other poster that said with the uncertainty of Alex it wouldn't be a good idea, but is next years draft a strong one for qbs?

Good question. The only names that come to mind immediately are Jake Locker and Ryan Mallet.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Good question. The only names that come to mind immediately are Jake Locker and Ryan Mallet.

Wasn't Andrew Luck a redshirt freshman last year? If so, he should be eligible next year to declare.
  • 49ersBackOnTop38
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Wasn't Andrew Luck a redshirt freshman last year? If so, he should be eligible next year to declare.

I like Ryan Mallet a lot. He has a cannon for an arm and he is pretty mobile for being as big as he is but he still seems inconsistent at times. One moment he is the best qb in the SEC and the next moment he is over throwing everyone ala Mcnabb. He will be a top ten pick but I think Locker is more of a sure thing right now
is next years QB class going to be just as bad?

kevin riley shouldn't even be on that list by the way

Your dream is my worse nightmare. Trading away a future 1st rounder when you desperately need a QB is a horrible, horrible idea.

You might be trading the 15th pick in the draft for the 52nd pick in the draft.
  • 49ersBackOnTop38
  • Info N/A

Your dream is my worse nightmare. Trading away a future 1st rounder when you desperately need a QB is a horrible, horrible idea.

You might be trading the 15th pick in the draft for the 52nd pick in the draft.

Exactly. Its not worth it at all. Back in the 80's we could of got away with it or the Patriots in the beggining of the millinium could pull that off but not a team trying to reach the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone