There are 186 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Top 4 OT's off the board & the 49ers are on the clock

Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by GMniner805:
Spiller is a playmaker, the type that can shift momentum instantly.

Theres countless you tube clips that say I'm right..

Aren't there countless youtube clips of Jahvid Best, Matthews and McCluster too?

Weren't there countless youtube threads of Ted Ginn and Reggie Bush?

How does youtube clips make you right?

PS: I love Spiller too, just don't understand how youtube clips make you right.

Ive never seen a player as explosive as Spiller, his youtube highlights are superior compared to all the guys you mentioned besides maybe Bush who was drafted #2 overall. It's not hard to tell he's an extremely special player.

LOL, you haven't seen Ginn's youtube video have you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGyrgqOKZLg

You obviously haven't seen Jahvid Best's vid either:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqV4OqowNnQ

After watching that if he is deemed healthy at the combine, he will go to the Colts with the second to last pick in the draft or the Saints if they cut Bush!
Spiller is a playmaker, the type that can shift momentum instantly.

Theres countless you tube clips that say I'm right..

Aren't there countless youtube clips of Jahvid Best, Matthews and McCluster too?

Weren't there countless youtube threads of Ted Ginn and Reggie Bush?

How does youtube clips make you right?

PS: I love Spiller too, just don't understand how youtube clips make you right.

Ive never seen a player as explosive as Spiller, his youtube highlights are superior compared to all the guys you mentioned besides maybe Bush who was drafted #2 overall. It's not hard to tell he's an extremely special player.

LOL, you haven't seen Ginn's youtube video have you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGyrgqOKZLg

You obviously haven't seen Jahvid Best's vid either:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqV4OqowNnQ

This is also a good thing, because now if we go Baluga & Iupati at 13 & 16 or 17 we can probably snag Best or Earl Thomas with our second rounder.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Drafting a player to keep him out of the hands of a division rival is not a horrible thing, as long as he fills a need on your team too. I think Spiller would absolutely fill a need on the Niners, though I wouldn't be surprised if Seattle went QB with 1a and line with 1b.
Best is a poor man's Spiller.

Best also had the benefit of running behind stellar offensive lines. Alex Mack was a friend & teammate of mine in high school, he was one of many studs that opened holes for him.
I don't see that happening...but if it did, Campbell would be a no-brainer pick at #13. Then, Singletary/McCloughan can take BPA with the #16/17 pick. They're going to want to get someone who has a good chance of making an impact immediately...and I see that player as Jared Odrick, DE from Penn St. He could be the bookend to Justin Smith...and could upgrade the DL because I believe he can do all the things we hoped Balmer would do. He's 6-5, 300, agile, and plays with a real attitude. Coming out of Penn St., you know he's had excellent coaching...and he's a senior, to boot. I know he had an off-field incident (arrest), but if Singletary/Mac are convinced that was an abberation, he could be a great pick.
depends who dropped?
I would love to get Spiller but drafting him just so he doesn't make it to another team is idiotic.
I'd take Haden. There are quick backs later in the draft, there's only one #1 corner. From what I hear this kid Haden is the real deal at corner. He's got the speed and the quick hips to play at the highest level. With Housh and Fitz in our division and the transition of the NFL into a passing regular season, seems like a no-brainer to get the corner.

With Clements under-performing, Harris about to retire, Brown under-performing, and Spencer not truly being a #1, I'd say Haden is much more valuable for this team now and into the future. Imagine our D with Haden on one side and Clements on the other.
If Joe Haden is on the board hands down he should be our selection. BPA of position of need.