There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Solidg2000/WildTurkey 49ers draft 1.0

Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Like the Spiller pick.

Hate the Mays pick.
I'm not huge on mays but all the hate is a little much. He was on a defense that lost a lot of talent to the NFL. USC had a lot of holes beyond Taylor mays. I don't think black falls into the 4th but he would be a great value pick in the 4th. I'd rather have gilyard or mccluster in the 2nd or Shipley in the 3rd and a guard in the other round.
wow if your draft from last year went exactly like that we would have one hell of a team
  • Elric
  • Veteran
I give credit when credit is due.

CJ RB spiller would solve a lot of problems with 3rd downs.
he is by my thinking the biggest need player for this team.
Seahawks will grabe him with ther second 1st rounder before our second 1st rounder.

taylor mays S solves a captain for our defense.
He is an athelete and can be taught coverage but is a high risk due to his cockieness.

Vladimir Ducasse RT would have to deliver at RT but if he did three solid picks

Greg Hardy I will be honest I havent seen much of him execpt on utbe lights but what I have he might take time to develope at outside linebackerbut could come on strong by the end of of his first year.

Ciron Black OT/G I like your phlosophy of drafing two player at positions of need RT
he could make for a technicly sound gaurd LG

Linval Joseph NT| space eater 6 6 330 possible

creative draft it was refreshing

thank you
Originally posted by marshniners24:
wow if your draft from last year went exactly like that we would have one hell of a team

Yup. Only thing is we wouldn't have the 2nd 1st rounder for this year. But that would've been a really good draft.
Never have I seen a guy take more bad angles on tackles than Mays. He seems fundamentally unsound. Too much hype IMO.

I can live with Spiller but would prefer a 1st round OT.

-9fA
I do believe we need OL help, but I don't really like the options early on in the draft, very overrated OT In my opinion

I do hope we solve our need via the FA then I would go
Spiller
Mays
Mt Cody
Hardy
Mr pick 6 Alterraun Verner CB
Marshall Newhouse OG/OT
Geathers
Kelton Tindal WR Newberry
Originally posted by solidg2000:
I do believe we need OL help, but I don't really like the options early on in the draft, very overrated OT In my opinion

Spiller
Mays
Mt Cody
Hardy
Marshall Newhouse OG/OT
Geathers

buzzump
Originally posted by solidg2000:

Spiller
Mays
Mt Cody
Hardy
Marshall Newhouse OG/OT
Geathers

There's no decent OT's out there in Free Agency. You gotta draft one.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Quote:
Negatives: ...Not a real ballhawk. Misses plays because he is out of position. Does not read keys well and diagnose. Struggles covering man deep. Plays out of control and lacks great change of direction... Gets carried away. Prefers setting up a well-timed hit to break up a play over going for an interception...
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/tracker/player?id=6771

definatly not the same player, but a good way to show why over scouting can be bad
I love how they say he has "great football intelligence" in one sentence and then later how he often plays "out of position". wtf?! Does anyone know how this stuff gets written? I mean, it doesn't even have an author. I bet it's some intern making $9/hr that has to cut and paste a zillion of these things together for the website.
  • DIRxHARDx49ER
  • Info N/A
i think that that the 49ers should do this on draft day!(my dream draft) 1st 3 rounds

1a. cj spiller

1b. taylor mays or earl thomas(who ever is there)

2.vladimer ducasse

3.perrish cox

this is a good draft
hopefully your 2.0 draft picks will be alot better, lol
  • DIRxHARDx49ER
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
hopefully your 2.0 draft picks will be alot better, lol
well if you think otherwise then your an idiot this fills all our needs in three rounds