LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Best RB in the Draft

Frank Gore
just got compared to frank gore

i think this dude is the best rb in the draft
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Probably the least needed position in the draft for the 49ers. and I'm a WAC fan.
I don't agree. We have ONE proven R.B. who has bad knees from his college days and since he's been with the Niner's they've run the heck out of him. How long do you think Gore will last? Considering his knees and his numbers of carries, I have a feeling he'll be good/great for two more seasons.

The difference between Ryan and Spiller or Best, is what a team would use them for.
When all is said and done..... Jahvid Best
  • NickDaNiner
  • Info N/A
After the combine he's the best all around back in the draft hands down...
But we need a gamebreaker change of pace back and a KR/PR. We already have our workhorse RB. I guess that's the difference.
The best RB is probably Spiller, but it could be between Best, Gerhart, and Matthews too. Matthews has the best shot to be a work horse Frank Gore type of back. Spiller is going to be the best player IMO in that he can do the most things. Best is the most explosive and Gerhart is the best thumper and a much better athlete than people thought.
We need Spiller. While Gore's getting his carries, he can come in as our very own Hester and Harvin. Not to mention the wonders he'll work for our special teams.
The great white hope Gerhart, I think this kid is the next Mike Alstott we could really use him. I think he could fall to the second round and would be a steal. I know you this won't be the popular thing but the right thing rarely is. The irony of this question is you are asking who is the best RB in the draft, well Best is the best all around talent wise but he has injuries. Spiller is the most NFL ready but he is smallish. Mathews is a beast that's not afraid of contact, but that will cost him. Gerhart is a true thumper old school knock your a$$ out and than pick you back up, but he is white. Like I said not the most popular and I'm probably gonna catch some flack over this but it's true.
I agree, if I had to take one RB from this draft to be my feature back, I'd take Ryan Matthews over anyone else.

Originally posted by filthydogma:
The great white hope Gerhart, I think this kid is the next Mike Alstott we could really use him. I think he could fall to the second round and would be a steal. I know you this won't be the popular thing but the right thing rarely is. The irony of this question is you are asking who is the best RB in the draft, well Best is the best all around talent wise but he has injuries. Spiller is the most NFL ready but he is smallish. Mathews is a beast that's not afraid of contact, but that will cost him. Gerhart is a true thumper old school knock your a$$ out and than pick you back up, but he is white. Like I said not the most popular and I'm probably gonna catch some flack over this but it's true.

He MAY fall to the 2nd round?

There is NO WAY he is a first rounder.
  • cupcheck
  • Info N/A
#1 ranking at RB position[SPILLER].Does it all!
Originally posted by cubanb:
Originally posted by filthydogma:

He MAY fall to the 2nd round?

There is NO WAY he is a first rounder.

Dude how many mock drafts have you seen where he is taken in the first, this draft is too deep with fast cop backs which is the trend these days. I for one am happy it is because this means IF our FO has any brains they will draft him. Notice I said IF I don't fully trust them. I think he would compliment Frank and could be a legitemate No.2 back/Full back. The most complete Fullback project since Allstott mark my words he will be good to great.
I don't think Spiller will be there when we pick. I want an OT at 13 and Ryan Mathews at 17 make it happen
  • titan
  • Veteran
Mathews is the best pure RB
Spiller is the best all around
with the way NFL is going Spiller would be the most valuable.
Share 49ersWebzone