There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

TommyFrazier's Triple-Op Pre-Combine Mock.

1 Anthony Davis OT RUT 6-6 325 Very young underclassman (20 yrs old!), but that also means he is still getting better. Very good and can get even better.
1 Brandon Graham OLB Mich 6-1 263 Plays consistently in the opponents backfield, even on run downs…especially on 3rd down.
2 Donovan Warren CB Mich 6-0 185 Back to Back Wolverines…Warren has not reached his potential yet. Playmaker with upside.
3 Antonio Brown WR CMU 6-0 190 Perfect Slot machine. Also very adept at reverses, backfield plays
4 Myron Rolle S FSU 6-2 217 Sing doesn't pass on this role model…all the character of Tebow and less on-field queston marks.
5 Deji Karim RB SIU 5-10 205 Very Gore-like back. Only one year of production…good steal.
6 Kade Weston NT UGA 6-5 325 Big NT with big potential…late round flier to provide depth on the ever rotating line.
7 Armanti Edwards ATH AppSt 5-11 185 This year's Cribbs/Edelman. Could surprise in any number of ways.
[ Edited by TommyFrazier on Feb 1, 2010 at 2:25 PM ]
I don't like Trent Williams but OT + Graham is good.
Yeah, I'm going to update that to Anthony davis, because I believe a power run blocker is still their priority.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Hey San Diego, what is it about Trent that you don't like at ROT? I don't know if you have stated in another thread or not, but I hadn't seen your rebuttle to Williams as our ROT.

Thanks man.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Hey San Diego, what is it about Trent that you don't like at ROT? I don't know if you have stated in another thread or not, but I hadn't seen your rebuttle to Williams as our ROT.

Thanks man.

He's not that good of a pass blocker. And he will struggle in the NFL.
  • nj49erfan
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TommyFrazier:
1 Anthony Davis OT RUT 6-6 325 Very young underclassman (20 yrs old!), but that also means he is still getting better. Very good and can get even better.
1 Brandon Graham OLB Mich 6-1 263 Plays consistently in the opponents backfield, even on run downs…especially on 3rd down.
2 Donovan Warren CB Mich 6-0 185 Back to Back Wolverines…Warren has not reached his potential yet. Playmaker with upside.
3 Antonio Brown WR CMU 6-0 190 Perfect Slot machine. Also very adept at reverses, backfield plays
4 Myron Rolle S FSU 6-2 217 Sing doesn't pass on this role model…all the character of Tebow and less on-field queston marks.
5 Deji Karim RB SIU 5-10 205 Very Gore-like back. Only one year of production…good steal.
6 Kade Weston NT UGA 6-5 325 Big NT with big potential…late round flier to provide depth on the ever rotating line.
7 Armanti Edwards ATH AppSt 5-11 185 This year's Cribbs/Edelman. Could surprise in any number of ways.

Can Antonio Brown return kicks? Or are we relying on the 7th round pick to do that? Other then that note I don't see how any niner fan could be upset with this draft. I think some are stretches, like Weston lasting until the 6th round and even possibly Myron Rolle in round 4 but love the first and second rounders.
I would be happy with this draft.
I'd love it if we were able to get Reggie Bush
No proven KR/PR in the lot. Your 7th round sounds like a bad experiment.
Originally posted by nj49erfan:

Can Antonio Brown return kicks?
yes, he can. seen at cmu's bowl game.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm going to update that to Anthony davis, because I believe a power run blocker is still their priority.
but like i know, trent williams is a good run blocker...bad argument my friend ;)
i'm surprised that you didnt pick a guard at all...

Quote:
we dont need another power RB, we got already two of them. what we need is speed...besides antonio brown, i dont see any speedy gonzales here.
[ Edited by communist on Feb 1, 2010 at 10:03 PM ]

Antonio Brown WR/KR/PR highlights

Armanti Edwards.

I really think this dude is teh kind of player you don't want your opponent to draft. Could be a KR/PR/Wildcat QB/Slot WR. I think he falls somewhere in between Cribbs and Edelman.
Quote:
but like i know, trent williams is a good run blocker...bad argument my friend ;)
i'm surprised that you didnt pick a guard at all...

I've seen a couple sites knock his physicality in run blocking...saying he isnt physical and lacks the demeanor for it. Not that he hasnt been good in run blocking in his college spread.

Walter football:
Quote:

Weaknesses:
Lacks a nasty demeanor
Not very physical in run game
Sometimes lets rushers into body
Occasionally has bad posture
Must sustain blocks at higher level
Lapses in concentration
Looks a little stiff with knee bend

Summary: Trent Williams is a very solid left tackle prospect, but he has lots of room to improve in the running game and I don't think he will ever be considered an elite pass protector in the NFL. Williams is making the move from right to left tackle in 2009, and NFL scouts will be monitoring his progress closely. The official Oklahoma Web site claims he runs the 40-yard dash in 4.82 seconds... we'll see about that at the Combine.

Player Comparison: Donald Penn. Penn is an athletic pass protector, but lacks a nasty demeanor against the run.
Originally posted by TommyFrazier:

I've seen a couple sites knock his physicality in run blocking...saying he isnt physical and lacks the demeanor for it. Not that he hasnt been good in run blocking in his college spread.
sorry, i mistook williams with someone else.
[ Edited by communist on Feb 2, 2010 at 12:18 PM ]
I like the first 2 picks and I am glad to see so many people agreeing with my original mock of Graham as our 1B (pre-Senior Bowl). I am not crazy about the last 3 choices although I know those late rd picks are always debatable. I would also like to see an OG selected ( such as John Jerry) in rds 3 or 4.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Feb 2, 2010 at 12:30 PM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home