Franklin (franchise)
Bly
Pashos
Brooks

Cut:
Battle
Clayton
Evans
Brandon Jones (too expensive for 3rd or 4th WR)
Roman
Shaun Hill (we already know what we had with him)
Synder (is a liability at OT and G)
Kevin Smith
Wilhelm

Retiring:
Bruce
Harris
Ulbrich

Free Agent Signings:
Stephen Neal OG
Danieal Manning S (can do punt return duties as well)
Karlos Dansby OLB
Chester Taylor RB

Draft:
1a: Trent Williams, OT

No messing around! The 49ers get their ROT at #13 and will not take a chance of missing out on one at #16/17.

1b: Earl Thomas, S

Manning is good for depth at Safety and return duties, but he will not solidify our need for a physically talented Safety prospect.

2: Mardy Gilyard, WR

A DYNAMIC offensive weapon! This year we grab our Desean Jackson! Coupled with Gilyard's return abilities and his receiving abilities he is a second round talent!

3: Brandon Ghee, CB
Standing 6'0" gives us a tall CB to compete with the WR's of the NFC West.

4: Tyson Alualu, DT

6'3", 290 lbs. This guy has a motor and a half! He would bring a nice rotation to our DL.

5: Dan Lefevour, QB

Sure the 49ers spent a late round pick on Nate Davis, but something about Lefevour is just speacial! He will be our 3rd QB behind Smith and Davis. Hill will be cut and thus a 3rd QB will be needed. A veteran QB can be brought in during training camp but ultimately will get cut. If the 49ers need a veteran QB to take over in case Smith gets injured, they can get a QB like Pennington; who will be a street free agent for a while.

6: Pat Angerer, ILB

Gotta love the name! 6'1", 235 lbs. Provides competition for McKillop and special teams depth.

7: Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, CB
Another taller CB (6'1") for CB depth.

Roster:
Offense: 26
QB: Smith, Davis, Lefevour
RB: Gore, Coffee, Taylor, Norris, Robinson
WR: Crabtree, Morgan, Gilyard, Hill, Ziegler, Wright
TE: Davis, Walker
OL: Staley, Neal, Heitmann, Rachal, Williams, Baas, Wragge, Sims, Pashos, Wallace

Defense: 27
DL: Sopoaga, MacDonald, Franklin, Alualu, Smith, Balmer, Francois
LB: Lawson, Spikes, Willis, Dansby, Haralson, Brooks, McKillop, Angerer
Briggs
DB: Clements, Spencer, Bly, Brown, Ghee, Hudson,Owusu-Ansah, Thomas, Goldson, Lewis, Reggie Smith, Manning

ST: 2
K: Nedney
P: Lee
KR: Gilyard
PR: Manning/Gilyard

With 2 spots too many, I would cut Wallace and Francois and then sign them to the practice squad.

What do you think!
No true 3-4 pass rusher.

*sigh*
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Other than the Earl Thomas pick, not big on the mock.
1) Lefevour is going to go much higher. I like him too. But he's not available where you are projecting. He's moving up the boards fast and may go as high as 2nd or 3rd round. Something about him seems like a gamer. He's very accurate and clutch. Somebody may pick him in the 2nd. In fact I don't mind if we do. He reminds me of Drew Brees but bigger. Extremely accurate and a good decision maker and a good enough athlete to be a good NFL player. When all is said and done I don't think it's a reach to take him in the 2nd. He's that good.

2) Snyder - No way I cut him. He's a good backup Guard. He's pretty bad at pass blocking at Tackle but Tackle is not his best and most natural position. As often as our Guards and Tackles get hurt we don't want to cut depth. He was just forced into Tackle because our Tackles have a knack for being injured every single year. I don't know how they manage it but they do.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 31, 2010 at 1:56 AM ]
I like a couple of the picks, that is it. Good try tho
Wont happen no way will they pay pashos starter money and then draft a tackle with the first pick. So you would have starting money on the bench? If they resign pashos he is the starter they might take a tackle in the later rounds though. And no pashos isnt going to sign for backup money he wants to start and at his age he probly can find a team.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
No true 3-4 pass rusher.

*sigh*

We signed Karlos Dansby from Arizona. At 6'3", 250 he has shown that he can get after the QB.

That is why we didn't draft any OLB.
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Wont happen no way will they pay pashos starter money and then draft a tackle with the first pick. So you would have starting money on the bench? If they resign pashos he is the starter they might take a tackle in the later rounds though. And no pashos isnt going to sign for backup money he wants to start and at his age he probly can find a team.

Who said we were going to pay Pashos starter's salary? He didn't earn it with his play. He will not get paid as a starter in this league. If we can sign him for a decent salary (which I think we will) then he will stay and compete. Pashos knows he has just as good a chance as starting on this team than any other. If not, then so be it.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

Who said we were going to pay Pashos starter's salary? He didn't earn it with his play. He will not get paid as a starter in this league. If we can sign him for a decent salary (which I think we will) then he will stay and compete. Pashos knows he has just as good a chance as starting on this team than any other. If not, then so be it.

Pashos is good when healthy. He just got hurt last year.
Originally posted by tohara3:
I like a couple of the picks, that is it. Good try tho

Starting OT; check.

Starting Safety; check.

Dynamic KR/PR; check.

I don't know how this is not a slam dunk winner. I know I didn't draft Spiller, but I think if we try to draft Spiller at 13, there will be no OT left for us to pick at 16/17. Getting an OT in this draft is a must in my opinion.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
1) Lefevour is going to go much higher. I like him too. But he's not available where you are projecting. He's moving up the boards fast and may go as high as 2nd or 3rd round. Something about him seems like a gamer. He's very accurate and clutch. Somebody may pick him in the 2nd. In fact I don't mind if we do. He reminds me of Drew Brees but bigger. Extremely accurate and a good decision maker and a good enough athlete to be a good NFL player. When all is said and done I don't think it's a reach to take him in the 2nd. He's that good.

2) Snyder - No way I cut him. He's a good backup Guard. He's pretty bad at pass blocking at Tackle but Tackle is not his best and most natural position. As often as our Guards and Tackles get hurt we don't want to cut depth. He was just forced into Tackle because our Tackles have a knack for being injured every single year. I don't know how they manage it but they do.

I think you are right about Lefevour. I would love for the 49ers to draft him but I know they wont.

I think you are right about Lefevour. I would love for the 49ers to draft him but I know they wont.

Based on the way he played all season, all his career and at the senior bowl I would draft him high. He's one of the best QB's in this draft. I believe Alex is improving and would like to see him make it. But I'm still not completely sure. I don't believe Lefevour is a reach even in the 2nd round. Look at the Senior Bowl. He's one of the best players out there and the best QB. He's one of the best QB's in this class. He reminds me of a bigger Drew Brees. Very accurate and poised and clutch. Brees was 2nd rouder to SD BTW.
  • ninerphan420
  • Info N/A
Dont really like it...sorry...taking a S in the 1st round is nuts imo...and another Wr

Gillyard reminds me of a little dog....a bunch of yap....we're also fairly set at WR..lots of youth
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Tyson Alualu is starting to grow on me, I like the motor he has shown.

Pashos is good when healthy. He just got hurt last year.

Pashos when healthy played for us, and was pathetic. There was a reason why he was cut, he doesnt have the edge anymore.
Share 49ersWebzone