There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The all offensive mock (mostly)

Wow if we got Otogwe and Merriman. That would be sick.
BTW #13 + a 3rd + a 3rd is not going to happen for #7. They will want someting more substantial like a 2nd.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
BTW #13 + a 3rd + a 3rd is not going to happen for #7. They will want someting more substantial like a 2nd.

yet you say it's too much?
Given his injuries, that's pretty risky going after Bradford.

I'd rather than the horses up front (Bulaga, Williams or Davis) and Lupati.
Originally posted by krizay:

It doesn't matter what is "too much" or not. THEY WON"T DO IT. That's what I'm saying. If you give a #13 + stack up a bunch of 3rds that's not valuable. Not every player is a star in the 3rd round. Most are role players. A lot are busts. 1st and 2nd rounders are the most valuable. Nobody is going to let you into the top 10 for a bunch of 3rd round picks and #13. It's unrealistic.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninergold:
Given his injuries, that's pretty risky going after Bradford.

I'd rather than the horses up front (Bulaga, Williams or Davis) and Lupati.

Injury! there was only one. That didn't need surgery. Obviously he would have to pass the medical check to go that high.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

It doesn't matter what is "too much" or not. THEY WON"T DO IT. That's what I'm saying. If you give a #13 + stack up a bunch of 3rds that's not valuable. Not every player is a star in the 3rd round. Most are role players. A lot are busts. 1st and 2nd rounders are the most valuable. Nobody is going to let you into the top 10 for a bunch of 3rd round picks and #13. It's unrealistic.

That's all good and fine. But yet you said it was too much!

I personally wouldn't give up anything for him.

Bradford = system / shotgun QB. You complain about the system / shotgun QB we have and you want to draft this guy...

Lefevour > Bradford. Lefevour is skyrocketing up the draft boards. He was one of the best players and the best QB at the Senior Bowl. His #'s in college were outstading. He's very accurate. Rothlesburger came out of the same conference. He may go as high as the 2nd round. I wouldn't mind the 49ers picking him. He's very clutch.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Bradford = system / shotgun QB. You complain about the system / shotgun QB we have and you want to draft this guy...

Lefevour > Bradford. Lefevour is skyrocketing up the draft boards. He was one of the best players and the best QB at the Senior Bowl. His #'s in college were outstading. He's very accurate. Rothlesburger came out of the same conference. He may go as high as the 2nd round. I wouldn't mind the 49ers picking him. He's very clutch.

What kind of system do you think Lefevour played in? Everyone called him stupid for not entering last year's draft and competing to be the 1st QB taken. He getrs hurt and misses the year and all of a sudden he's just an injury prone system QB.

My complaints about Alex is his Accuracy and pocket presence. Has nothing to do with anything else. To where as your complaints about Bradford has everything to do with his system and nothing else. Well his bum shoulder that didn't even need surgery. Yet you are ok with taking a different system/shotgun b in round 2.

You obviously don't like Bradford and that's fine. You don't have to. but atleast be consistant with your arguments.

What kind of system do you think Lefevour played in? Everyone called him stupid for not entering last year's draft and competing to be the 1st QB taken. He getrs hurt and misses the year and all of a sudden he's just an injury prone system QB.

My complaints about Alex is his Accuracy and pocket presence. Has nothing to do with anything else. To where as your complaints about Bradford has everything to do with his system and nothing else. Well his bum shoulder that didn't even need surgery. Yet you are ok with taking a different system/shotgun b in round 2.

You obviously don't like Bradford and that's fine. You don't have to. but atleast be consistant with your arguments.

Bradford - Injury + system QB. Alex > Bradford.

Lefevour looked plenty functional to me at the Senior Bowl under center. He played some like that and looked like he still throws a damn good ball. I like this guys upside. He is more clutch and accurate than any QB in this draft IMO. When you look back on it in several years my opinion is people will say Lefevour should have been drafted higher.

Already the guys on this board predicting 5th round and the like are totally unrealistic. He's going top 3 and may go as high as the 2nd. If you wait until the 3rd he may not be there.

BTW Alex improved a lot in 2009 and there is no reason to believe he can't again in 2010 with 2 years in the same system and 2 years with the same coordinator.
I'd rather lefevour than bradford because we are not that desperate at QB right now. So we dont need to draft a QB in the 1st...
[ Edited by communist on Jan 31, 2010 at 10:52 AM ]
Originally posted by communist:
I'd rather lefevour than bradford because we are not that desperate at QB right now.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Lefevour looked plenty functional to me at the Senior Bowl under center. He played some like that and looked like he still throws a damn good ball. I like this guys upside. He is more clutch and accurate than any QB in this draft IMO. When you look back on it in several years my opinion is people will say Lefevour should have been drafted higher.

Already the guys on this board predicting 5th round and the like are totally unrealistic. He's going top 3 and may go as high as the 2nd. If you wait until the 3rd he may not be there.

BTW Alex improved a lot in 2009 and there is no reason to believe he can't again in 2010 with 2 years in the same system and 2 years with the same coordinator.

Yes Lefevour functioned good in one game where there was no blitzing and he knew what coverage he was getting. I'm not trying to take anything away from DL but he's not on Bradford's level.

Alex did improve. Let's be hone4st he had no where to go but up. His inaccuracy is constantly the difference between a TD and a field goal. getting 1st downs and punting. Alex Smith is the same inaccurate QB he's always been. It's just last year we had players that helped him out. We can not win anything with Smith because he leaves too many points on the board.

BTW you're all for DL in the 2nd so you apparently aren't too sold on Smith yourslelf.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
I'd rather lefevour than bradford because we are not that desperate at QB right now. So we dont need to draft a QB in the 1st...

We are closer to needing one then you want to realize. Then when that time comes. We have to wait how many years for him to be ready? We get the "right guy" now and when time comes for him to be ready to paly. Put him in. He doesn't have to start right now.

Yes Lefevour functioned good in one game where there was no blitzing and he knew what coverage he was getting. I'm not trying to take anything away from DL but he's not on Bradford's level.

Alex did improve. Let's be hone4st he had no where to go but up. His inaccuracy is constantly the difference between a TD and a field goal. getting 1st downs and punting. Alex Smith is the same inaccurate QB he's always been. It's just last year we had players that helped him out. We can not win anything with Smith because he leaves too many points on the board.

BTW you're all for DL in the 2nd so you apparently aren't too sold on Smith yourslelf.

There is no reason Alex can't improve in 2010. And I think he will. He never had 2 years in the same system and 2 years with the same coordinator so I think that will help him tremendously. We mis managed him as much as anything. Just as much or more than he has struggled on his own.

Lefevour is a great prospect. Never pass on a good QB. Especially if you aren't sure if you have one. We may but we may not. I like him more than any QB in the draft. He's very clutch and accurate. His arm is strong enough and he is athletic enough. Look how functional he was under center vs. Tim Tebow. That's why you have the Senior Bowl. You learn things. Lefevour = stud. People will look back on 2010 and say he should have been drafted higher.