LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

Spiller vs. Best

Would you rather have C.J. Spiller in the 1st or Jahvid Best in the 2nd round?

Now most likely both will be gone by the time we get to pick but I think best provides way better value in the second round.

Ideally I would like to get the best RT with the the 1st of our picks, Iupati with the 2nd first rounder and Best in the 2nd. That would be a dream come true.
Best wont make it out of the top 10 in the 2nd round.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Quote:
Ideally I would like to get the best RT with the the 1st of our picks, Iupati with the 2nd first rounder and Best in the 2nd. That would be a dream come true.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo63:
Quote:

I would be very happy with, Williams/Bulaga at 13, Iupati at 16 and Dexter McCluster in the 2nd round. No way Jahvid Best makes it to us.
Spiller - 1st rounder.

Best - 2nd rounder.

That's it.
  • nj49erfan
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ustadbongo:
Would you rather have C.J. Spiller in the 1st or Jahvid Best in the 2nd round?

Now most likely both will be gone by the time we get to pick but I think best provides way better value in the second round.

If we do this how do we address our lack of depth at CB and Saftey? We dont really need a guard in round one. We can get a good one in round 4 or 5 that cna back up Baas this year and take over for him next year if Baas doesnt improve.

If we take RT at 16 or 13 and CJ spiller with the other pick leaves us open to take the kid from Boise State or Cox with our second rounder. Then we cna look best player available in rounds 3, 4 and 5 to get a heavy hitting SS to back up M Lewis and a guard. Just seems to be the best idea. Solve your offenseive woes in Round 1, thats why we were not in the playoffs.
id rather have McCluster than spiller (better value) and Best (better player)
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Spiller in the first.

I think Best is an outstanding RB but his concussion history is scary, especially since concussions are cumulative. The more you get the easier it is to get the next one. You don't want a RB who is concussion prone.
Originally posted by smileyman:
Spiller in the first.

I think Best is an outstanding RB but his concussion history is scary, especially since concussions are cumulative. The more you get the easier it is to get the next one. You don't want a RB who is concussion prone.

Please expand? He had 1 major concussion
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by AC49er:
Spiller in the first.

He had two within one week.

Originally posted by AC49er:
Spiller in the first.

He had two within one week.

*crickets*
The more I read about Spiller I think he could end up being the BPA and fill a big need for this team. Seems like a slam dunk pick if he can be a return man, backup RB and catch some passes.
I just worry that Best will be JJ Arington II.

I love Cal players. But all their recent RBs have been a little underwhelming in the NFL.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

I love Cal players. But all their recent RBs have been a little underwhelming in the NFL.

hmmm.....I said those exact same words about Cal QBs back in 2005...u know right before we took Alex Smith instead of AARON RODGERS...
Originally posted by ktate14:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

hmmm.....I said those exact same words about Cal QBs back in 2005...u know right before we took Alex Smith instead of AARON RODGERS...

touche

And, in fairness, none of the Cal RBs has been outright bad in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone