There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

John Jerry?

I say we should take him in the second. He can play guard and RT. That is a perfect fit for us. He came in at 335 pounds at the Senior Bowl so he has drive and his flexibility makes him a great option to go with the power running game we want to play.

What are your thoughts?
I think it would be good if we can get him. Don't know how he plays at RT but guard would be a good spot for him. So Jerry, Asomoah, Johnson, Carter are all potentials.
  • nj49erfan
  • Info N/A
Guys like him are the reason you dont take Iuputi in the first round. You can get pro bowl gaurds in rounds 2-6. CJ Spiller or bust

DRAFT CJ SPILLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
I say we should take him in the second. He can play guard and RT. That is a perfect fit for us. He came in at 335 pounds at the Senior Bowl so he has drive and his flexibility makes him a great option to go with the power running game we want to play.

What are your thoughts?

2nd is too high....think 4th ish
Originally posted by jreff22:

What are your thoughts?

Not according to scouts at the senior bowl. He has been a standout and has practiced at both RT and Guard, which boosts his stock even more.

What are your thoughts?

Not according to scouts at the senior bowl. He has been a standout and has practiced at both RT and Guard, which boosts his stock even more.

He wont be taken in the 2nd. Now he can slide into the 3rd without a doubt but there are other guys graded out much higher then him. At this point I would say mid 3rd to mid 4th. 1 good week of Senior Bowl practice doesn't erase 3-4 years worth of game tape.
I like Callaway from Iowa better in 3rd or 4th round.

What are your thoughts?

I heard that while he was playing at Ole Miss, John Jerry's playing weight varied between 350-360! Can he maintain 335... I don't know?

OG John Jerry (CBS Sports)

Quote:
01/27/2010 - Senior Bowl, Tuesday: Through the first two days of practice, the South lineman making himself the most money is Mississippi's John Jerry. Jerry impressed scouts on Monday with his weight, measuring in 18 pounds lighter than his listed 350 pounds and actually coming in nearly an inch taller than his listed 6-5. The second-team all-SEC selection showed surprisingly quick feet and great strength while at right tackle Tuesday, easily handling the bull rush. The versatile lineman saw action at right guard Monday, but remained outside almost exclusively yesterday. Considering his size and athletic bloodlines (brother Peria was the Falcons' first round pick last April and his cousins are former NFL linebackers Eddie Strong and Dwayne Rudd), some scouts see Jerry as a more polished prospect than the North's more hyped Vladimir Ducasse and Mike Iupati, while still possessing significant upside. - Rob Rang and Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com
[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 29, 2010 at 7:27 PM ]
Originally posted by PTulini:

What are your thoughts?

I heard that while he was playing at Ole Miss, John Jerry's playing weight varied between 350-360! Can he maintain 335... I don't know?

OG John Jerry (CBS Sports)

Quote:
01/27/2010 - Senior Bowl, Tuesday: Through the first two days of practice, the South lineman making himself the most money is Mississippi's John Jerry. Jerry impressed scouts on Monday with his weight, measuring in 18 pounds lighter than his listed 350 pounds and actually coming in nearly an inch taller than his listed 6-5. The second-team all-SEC selection showed surprisingly quick feet and great strength while at right tackle Tuesday, easily handling the bull rush. The versatile lineman saw action at right guard Monday, but remained outside almost exclusively yesterday. Considering his size and athletic bloodlines (brother Peria was the Falcons' first round pick last April and his cousins are former NFL linebackers Eddie Strong and Dwayne Rudd), some scouts see Jerry as a more polished prospect than the North's more hyped Vladimir Ducasse and Mike Iupati, while still possessing significant upside. - Rob Rang and Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com

Thats what I'm trying to say. Kid is talented.

What are your thoughts?

He wont be taken in the 2nd. Now he can slide into the 3rd without a doubt but there are other guys graded out much higher then him. At this point I would say mid 3rd to mid 4th. 1 good week of Senior Bowl practice doesn't erase 3-4 years worth of game tape.

Maybe you should watch some game tape. A lot of McClusters big runs were behind Jerry. At this point I think he has slid him self to early 3rd late second and with a good combine he will solify himself as a second rounder. Mark my words Mr. Scout.
Originally posted by nj49erfan:
Guys like him are the reason you dont take Iuputi in the first round. You can get pro bowl gaurds in rounds 2-6. CJ Spiller or bust

Ask Mike Shanahan about drafting RB earlys...they're soo hard to find late.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A

What are your thoughts?

Maybe you should watch some game tape. A lot of McClusters big runs were behind Jerry. At this point I think he has slid him self to early 3rd late second and with a good combine he will solify himself as a second rounder. Mark my words Mr. Scout.

I tend to agree. The really nice thing about this draft is that it's loaded with offensive line talent so if you miss out on the prospect you really wanted there's another one just behind that.
He looks far better than Lupati today. Much rather wait and take Jerry in the second.

We could then go Spiller/Graham and Jerry. As long as we get a Tackle via FA.
  • nj49erfan
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by noobie:
Originally posted by nj49erfan:

Ask Mike Shanahan about drafting RB earlys...they're soo hard to find late.

Since when did we go to the zone blocking scheme and hire the godfather of the zone blocking scheme, Alex Gibbs? Oh wait we never did.

Also maybe we should ask the vikings how much Percy Harvin helped thier third down conversion rate this year from the slot. Or how much having a legitimate retunr man helped teams like the saints and others all year.

So if CJ Spiller was a one dimensional road greater running back maybe you would be sort of right. But considering he is so versitile and can help immedietly playing in the slot, returning kicks, legitimate home run threat, third down back coming out of the backield in the spread for alex and a true possible heir to Gore maybe we should take a look. But I am sure we cna totally get one of those in the 6th round.
He looks far better than Lupati today. Much rather wait and take Jerry in the second.

We could then go Spiller/Graham and Jerry. As long as we get a Tackle via FA.

YES!!! Spiller and Graham in the first! We still may be able to get Jerry in the third, but getting Jason Fox RT from Miami or Kyle Calloway RT from Iowa would be a huge priority if we take Spiller/Graham in the first round.

1.a Spiller
1.b Graham

that was my mock.....check it out.