There are 369 users in the forums

Trade next years 1st to get back into 2nd

1a. we get our tackle Anthony Davis
1b. Our guard Iuatapi
2a. Mcluster
2b. Kyle Wright. he shut down half the field at boise and he returns kicks
or even cody if he falls, but we have to get back into the 2nd round
3. Myron Rolle
I really don't like selling my 1st round soul because you just never know what could happen throughout the season. I'll pass.
NO

Isn't that the same stupid thing a team did with us and now we have their 1st round pick?
If we are going to trade a first we better get back into the first
I think you mean Kyle Wilson, CB Boise St and absolutely not on the trade.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Isn't that the same stupid thing a team did with us and now we have their 1st round pick?
Who is luatapi? And no to the trade
  • krizay
  • Veteran
As of right now the only way i'd trade next year's 1st is if.... We trade next year's 1st and #13 for Josh Cribbs and Cleveland's #7.

At #7 i'm looking at Bradford/Claussen/Okung/Davis/ Unless somehow McCoy Suh or Berry falls.

If we go QB at #7. We go OT at #17. If we go OT at #7. We go Iupati or best player maker available on Defense.

It would be well worth it to land one of those 2 QB's. In My Opinion. Which i'm sure i'm in the minority.
Originally posted by krizay:
As of right now the only way i'd trade next year's 1st is if.... We trade next year's 1st and #13 for Josh Cribbs and Cleveland's #7.

At #7 i'm looking at Bradford/Claussen/Okung/Davis/ Unless somehow McCoy Suh or Berry falls.

If we go QB at #7. We go OT at #17. If we go OT at #7. We go Iupati or best player maker available on Defense.

It would be well worth it to land one of those 2 QB's. In My Opinion. Which i'm sure i'm in the minority.

Yup. Unless we're landing the QB now we'd be fools to trade away next year's 1st rounder.

As of right now I kind of hope we trade away one of this year's #1 for an additional one next season. So far every single mock is giving us a kick returner or a guard. I'll pass on that and make sure we get that franchise QB next season.

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by krizay:

Yup. Unless we're landing the QB now we'd be fools to trade away next year's 1st rounder.

As of right now I kind of hope we trade away one of this year's #1 for an additional one next season. So far every single mock is giving us a kick returner or a guard. I'll pass on that and make sure we get that franchise QB next season.

i've actually thought this myself. Trade away one of or 1st. then try and trade away our 3rd and 4th to get back in the 2nd.
Normally I wouldn't do it. But this year, I'd consider it. But not for small guys that haven't proved they can handle the physicality of the NFL. I'd do it to get a OT if we bypass one with our 1st 2 picks. I'd also do it to get Graham somehow. Or get Spiller if we decide to take OT and OG Iupati with our first 2 picks.

But not for 160 lb McCluster and a small CB known to have tackling issues (Kyle Wilson). So what that they had good practices so far. Guess what, they don't allow tackling in practice. The reaon why McCluster and Wilson are rated as late 2nd - 3rd round picks initially are due to their lack of strength and size. Practice hasn't disproven that.
wait, what? We don't have a 2nd round pick this draft???
Better yet.. Trade this years 2nd and 3rd (worth 600 points) which would be equal in value to #31 in the 1st.

I had mentioned this idea in a few other threads. We could seriously load up with 3 of the first 31 picks as opposed to 4 picks in the top 82 or whatever.
Originally posted by valrod33:
NO
Share 49ersWebzone