There are 164 users in the forums

From Windows 98 to Mock version 3.0

I know. How sad, huh? Yes, I am a techie geek by trade, wanna be draftnik by night.

I upgraded ver 2.0 in recent events at the Senior Bowl. I tried to keep this as realistic as possible based on the what I have seen and heard this week in conjuction with previous draft prospect data.

Here's the newer one...

Round 1 M. Iupati, OG/ROT--Pro bowl caliber OG with versatility
Round 1 T. Williams, ROT--Can start day one as ROT, an ability we need now
Round 2 D. McCluster, RS/WR/RB--A smalll Spiller who will be faster and cheaper
Round 3 K. Chancellor, SS--After his Shrine game, he becomes a solid third rounder, can play ST
Round 4 S. Thompson, CB--For solid depth and a top gunner in ST, nice!
Round 5 B. Carter, OG--A fav of mine and perfect for backing up the OG!
Round 6 B. Sharpe, DE/OLB—Depth and ST
Round 7 K. Weston, NT—Depth and development

My man crush on Spiller has led way to intelligence, the mind won on this one. How can you not like the #1 prospect at OG and ROT who can start from day one, both of them! Iupati and Williams would solidify our line along with Staley, Rachal and Heitmann to form one of the youngest most formidable lines in recent history for years to come. Given Solari and Brown, the saliva just foams in your mouth!

After the Senior Bowl practices, McCluster was the buzz beside Iupati and Wilson, IMO. He stood out because of his skills, true football speed, and his soft hands while demonstrating that wonderful tenacious Napoleon complex, nothing will stand in his way. After the combine, he just may beat Spiller on the 40. Let's give Raye, The Rathman, and Shotty a cool toy to play with.

I believe that both Chancellor and Thompson are value picks who can contribute in ST immediately while being groomed to become starters, Chancellor at SS and Thompson at Nickle back. Chancellor solidified his placement in the third with his Shrine game and my speculation on his Combine numbers. Thompson's size will pigeon-toe him toward the third or fouth. The fact is that this class is deep with mid-round CBs. Goody for us!

I kept my last rounders the same cause I like them so . Nah, I was lazy, but do feel the last three can be in those rounds and fill needs.

I never get tired of this stuff...obviously. Again, I have no life. The Zone is my life!

love it except for Syd'Quan, rather have a guy like Ansah, Murphy, or Ghee.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

This is what I was just about to say. Any corner besides Thompson. That's really my only beef. Looks nice, tico.
My favorite mock to date........I'd jizz my pants if this were to happen.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
To be honest they are all starting to look the same. some kind of combination of Iupati, Spiller, whatever tackle the poster wants, mccluster or safety.

mock version 4.0 should start with your 7th round pick and work your way backwards. Atleast that will give it a little different look.
Originally posted by krizay:
To be honest they are all starting to look the same. some kind of combination of Iupati, Spiller, whatever tackle the poster wants, mccluster or safety.

mock version 4.0 should start with your 7th round pick and work your way backwards. Atleast that will give it a little different look.

It's hard not to have some combination that involves at least one of the first two being an OL considering how unbelievably big of a gaping hole it is on our team.

The 6 picks after are where we need some variety.
I have been thinking for a while that taking Iupati and an OT in the first is probably unlikely, not that it wouldn't benefit the team, but I have a gut feeling Scott just won't do it.

Might be hard to prepare two rookies to start ...@sup3rduper Would niners draft both a T and G in the 1st round? Or would that be overkill?

that's from Barrows' twitter, I'm not sure if Maiocco has addressed the same question.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

This is what I was just about to say. Any corner besides Thompson. That's really my only beef. Looks nice, tico.

That is why I have Syd'Quan in the fourth where the other three will not be available, IMO. He plays much better with pads and adds a physicality dimension to ST especially since he has been a gunner before. He can be coached, but again he's a fourth rounder in my mock.

I think of him like Goldson who was questioned at that pick if I remember correctly and look how he's turned out. I am just saying that Syd'Quan does have skils that can be harnessed especially in ST while developing allowing Brown or Dre to hold down the nickle, for now.

As far as Krizay, he has a legit point. This is a balance between Krizay and OTC's points. My top two will be the same from here on out, period, I am calling it! I also believe McCluster will be seriously considered by us if we went with the first two.

It is rounds 3-7 that are intriguing. I originally thought Chancellor to be a fourth rounder, but after seeing the Shrine and OTC's board of potential slots, he definitely need to regraded by me. He is slotted correctly now, I believe.

The thing that might change for me later is a pass rusher like Coleman or Lang especially Lang who look good in the hips the last few practices. Maybe in the fourth instead of Syd'Quan? Mayock likes him, why can't you guys?

Anyway, I can't get my mind off an Iupati/Williams scenario. I know we are all going to get our hopes up and Scotty drafts Williams and Mays.

That's not even funny!
[ Edited by ninertico on Jan 28, 2010 at 10:03 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone