LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Would you be upset if?

• pd24
  • Veteran
If the Niners did not address the D with any of the picks in the first 3 rounds and instead used the picks on a combo of 2 playmakers , an OT, and OG.

Something like:
1st round:
Spiller
Dez Bryant
2nd round:
OT
3rd round:
OG

Or
1st round:
Spiller
OT
2nd round
McCluster
3rd
OG

Or
1st round:
OT
OG
2nd round
J. Best
3rd round:
Ford.

I wouldn't mind if they did something like that. A high powered O to go along with our improving D would be something to watch.
As long as we come out with a quality functional oline, a good punt returner, and some help in the Defensive backfield. We will be good to go.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
The only way I wouldn't be upset at us not drafting a safety in the first three rounds is if we got a good one via FA or a trade.
not at all. Our D is solid. Even the best D can only do so much when the O can't produce a f**king first down.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
At this point I don't think I would be upset with much of anything with our 1st 4 picks.

My mind changes everyday on what I want us to draft. How I would approach the draft and everything else.

As long as we get a RT with one of our 1st 3 picks. I think i'll be happy with whatever else happened.

Unless we go Spiller/Tebow then the 8th best tackle in the 2nd. That would leave me

Other than that. I could live with no defensive players until 4th-7th rounds.
Tebow isn't really a bad idea. Norris is getting a little old and will need to be replaced soon.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Tebow isn't really a bad idea. Norris is getting a little old and will need to be replaced soon.

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
not at all. Our D is solid. Even the best D can only do so much when the O can't produce a f**king first down.

this
first 3 pick should definitely focus on the offensive side of the ball no doubt
Obviously it would be nice if we could pick up a pass rusher or a defensive back somewhere in the first three rounds, but I wouldn't be upset if we didn't. As long as we're getting O-Line and playmakers.

Three of the first 4 picks need to be 2 OL and a KR, unless we address those areas in some other way (trade, FA). But ONE of those first 4 picks (unless we address it some other way) needs to be a pass rusher.

If we ignore drafting a pass rusher to take a WR or other "luxury" pick, even a defensive one like ILB, NT (other than Cody), CB who can't return kicks or the O ones like TE, QB, FB, RB who isn't a KR and a dynamic playmaker, then I will be upset.

We CAN afford ONE pick on a playmaker who is also a KR. If it's a WR, RB or CB it doesn't matter. But we can't take a KR AND one of those positions who isn't a KR while ignoring either our OL or pass rusher.
Share 49ersWebzone