LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 211 users in the forums

Rhodes Scholar Anyone????

Myron Rolle 6-foot-2, 215-pound very smart could be our SS for a very long time. What do you guys think probable a second or third rounder?
  • flow
  • Veteran
Sounds like a good kid.
[ Edited by Crazy4Niners on Jan 26, 2010 at 8:47 AM ]
I think we might be able to pick him up in the 3rd/4th round. It would be a good pick in my opinion.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Wasn't this guy a bonafide 1st rounder before he accepted the Rhodes Scholar? Like, he was supposed to be better than Kenny Phillips in his draft.
  • Riot
  • Veteran
As a human being Myron Rolle = ubermensch. Will that apply to football as well?

Definitely one of the more interesting prospects in the draft.
Originally posted by asakkings:
I think we might be able to pick him up in the 3rd/4th round. It would be a good pick in my opinion.

3rd or 4th round??? I'd take that without any hesitation whatsoever.
Originally posted by Ether:
Wasn't this guy a bonafide 1st rounder before he accepted the Rhodes Scholar? Like, he was supposed to be better than Kenny Phillips in his draft.

He was at best an early 3rd before taking the Rhodes Scholarship. In 3 years he only had 3 sacks and 1 int. According to his website he ran the 40 in 4.55 at FS, but right now he runs a 4.42. I dont know if I believe he cut .13 seconds from his 40 while studying at Oxford, but we'll see how he does at the combine
maybe a 6th rounder

My only problem with him is he hasn't played since December 2008 so it will be nearly 2 years before he sees the field.

• buck
  • Veteran
We will be needing a SS.

I think he is impressing people at the Senior Bowl. If he continues and then follows up with a good combine, he will go in the 4th.

I would use a 4th on him.
Originally posted by buck:
We will be needing a SS.

I think he is impressing people at the Senior Bowl. If he continues and then follows up with a good combine, he will go in the 4th.

I would use a 4th on him.
As an FSU fan I watched Rolle's whole career. He doesn't have great coverage skills but after watching the FSU defense the past few years I'm not sure if its him or the coaching.

Rolle is a great athlete and being away from football for 1 year isn't going to hurt him. Actually it just made him fresher. I think he's a solid rd 3 pick.
I'm all for drafting Myron Rolle! LET'S GET 'EM!
Originally posted by noobie:
Originally posted by Ether:

He was at best an early 3rd before taking the Rhodes Scholarship. In 3 years he only had 3 sacks and 1 int. According to his website he ran the 40 in 4.55 at FS, but right now he runs a 4.42. I dont know if I believe he cut .13 seconds from his 40 while studying at Oxford, but we'll see how he does at the combine

I believe that if you go back and check he was generally considered a first round pick or early 2nd round pick in most mock drafts from a year ago. Unless you have some inside info.
Share 49ersWebzone