Retain:
Aubrayo Franklin
Ahmad Brooks
David Baas
Marcus Hudson
Dre Bly
Barry Sims

FA:

Reggie Bush: I can't see the Saints paying him his salary, and I don't think he'll restructure.

Draft:

1a. Trent Williams OT Oklahoma
1b. Mike Iupati OG Idaho
2. Brandon Spikes ILB Florida
3. Perrish Cox CB Oklahoma State(I forsee a fall based on his off field issues. If not available I'd take Donovan Warren, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, or Javier Arenas. In that order).
4. Lindsey Witten DE/OLB Connecicut
5. Myron Rolle SS Florida State
6. Jimmy Graham TE Miami
7. Cam Thomas NT/DE North Carolina
Great first round picks but theres NO WAY spikes falls to the 2nd round
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by eastbay49er:

I agree. If he does fall to the 2nd he'll be gone in the early part of the 2nd and won't be around by pick 49.

I don't like the idea of getting Bush in FA. Not for what he'll want to be paid and not based on his production.
Originally posted by smileyman:

I agree. If he does fall to the 2nd he'll be gone in the early part of the 2nd and won't be around by pick 49.

I don't like the idea of getting Bush in FA. Not for what he'll want to be paid and not based on his production.

would be less than spiller and bush is a much much much better PR and also decent KR and gives same homerun threat

• smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

would be less than spiller and bush is a much much much better PR and also decent KR and gives same homerun threat

It will be much more than Spiller. There's a good chance of there being a rookie pay scale for the 2010 draft and even if tehre isn't a 13th round pick won't be paid as much as Reggie Bush will want.

It will be much more than Spiller. There's a good chance of there being a rookie pay scale for the 2010 draft and even if tehre isn't a 13th round pick won't be paid as much as Reggie Bush will want.

Who cares, if there is no salary cap then let the Yorkie's pony up the cash!
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

Easy for us to say--we're not the ones having to open our wallets.
Would rather have CJ Spiller than Reggie Bush
  • tap11
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Would rather have CJ Spiller than Reggie Bush

I would rather have Bush and a first round pick than Spiller. In fact I will be angrier than hell if the 49ers draft Spiller in the first. On the other hand, this mock is a good mock and I would be very pleased with it, though I would rather have Bulaga than Williams.

• mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

Easy for us to say--we're not the ones having to open our wallets.

I think the yorks have stepped it up since the Nate Clements signing... but I'm not counting on them to spend the same way the Redskins/Cowboys/Raiders would.

Actually, I almost 100% disagree. Look at what happened to James Laurinaitis, Rey Maualuga, Curtis Lofton, Paul Posluszny, David Harris & Justin Durant. (Laurinaitis & Posluszny both win the Butkus award for best linebacker and slipped).
Rolando McClain has been easily the best ILB in college football, pushing Spike down in mock drafts. He will go in the top 5 in the second round. Every year a really good ILB falls to that position, and I believe that will happen again this year.

As well, although ILB is a concern for a few teams (Denver, Buffalo, Giants, etc) they have more pressing issues (WR-den, OT-buf, DB-nyg).

But ya, no way in hell we get Spikes. As well:
Originally posted by NYSunDevil49er:
3. Perrish Cox CB Oklahoma State(I forsee a fall based on his off field issues. If not available I'd take Donovan Warren, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, or Javier Arenas. In that order).
Donovan Warren is the second best CB in the draft, he is going FIRST ROUND. Save a broken leg, injury, etc. he is a LOCK for the first round. Will be a great cornerback in this League.
How about we get C.J. Spiller & Joe Haden with the (2) 1st Round Picks & then hit up the later rounds & Free Agency Market with overhauling the O-Line & other needs on Defense? Just sharing, man.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Quitugua:
How about we get C.J. Spiller & Joe Haden with the (2) 1st Round Picks & then hit up the later rounds & Free Agency Market with overhauling the O-Line & other needs on Defense? Just sharing, man.

Because there basically isn't going to be free agency this year due to the CBA. No quality linemen will be available.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYSunDevil49er:
Retain:
Aubrayo Franklin
Ahmad Brooks
David Baas
Marcus Hudson
Dre Bly
Barry Sims

FA:

Reggie Bush: I can't see the Saints paying him his salary, and I don't think he'll restructure.

Draft:

1a. Trent Williams OT Oklahoma
1b. Mike Iupati OG Idaho
2. Brandon Spikes ILB Florida
4. Lindsey Witten DE/OLB Connecicut
5. Myron Rolle SS Florida State
6. Jimmy Graham TE Miami
7. Cam Thomas NT/DE North Carolina

I hope Spike falls in the 2nd and we get him! He is a 1st Rd talent with 3rd Rd Character! "I hope he doesn't try to gouge my eye out for saying that".
Share 49ersWebzone