There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What are your thoughts on Anthony Davis

Out of all the top tackles in the draft Anthony Davis is the only one I wouldn't want the Niners to draft. After watching a few of his games on ESPN360 I think he's too big and slow to play RT in the NFL. To me he would make a better guard than tackle. What are your thoughts?
Coincidentally, I followed your link to ESPN360 and Davis was the first prospect I choose to watch. (Thanks btw for the ESPN link- I can now rewatch prospects instead the highlight videos on youtube)

Anyway, I picked two games to watch Davis (South Florida game of course and the Pitt game against Greg Romeus) Both opponents have NFL type DEs.

I actually came away very impressed with Davis in terms of pass protection. Selvie got no pressure all game and neither did Romeus. Pierre Paul registered on sack against him on a inside power rush. (BTW, Pierre Paul is an absolute stud).

Davis, imo, seems to be a better pass protector than run blocker. I think he reminds me of Eugene Monroe from last year.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Coincidentally, I followed your link to ESPN360 and Davis was the first prospect I choose to watch. (Thanks btw for the ESPN link- I can now rewatch prospects instead the highlight videos on youtube)

Anyway, I picked two games to watch Davis (South Florida game of course and the Pitt game against Greg Romeus) Both opponents have NFL type DEs.

I actually came away very impressed with Davis in terms of pass protection. Selvie got no pressure all game and neither did Romeus. Pierre Paul registered on sack against him on a inside power rush. (BTW, Pierre Paul is an absolute stud).

Davis, imo, seems to be a better pass protector than run blocker. I think he reminds me of Eugene Monroe from last year.

Davis is the tackle I want the 49ers to get, but doubt he falls to us.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by DesiDez:

Davis is the tackle I want the 49ers to get, but doubt he falls to us.

I hope you are right. Compared to Bruce Campbell Davis is so slow.
"fluid, good footwork to reach defenders on edge, great range as pass blocker, extends arms well with jolting punch, good balance in space, can get impatient, not as physical in-line run blocker, "

My notes so far ... not my evaluation.
I have heard that his stock will go up big time after the Combine. Apparently he is a workout warrior that will compete with Bruce Campbell for top billing when they are in t-shirts and shorts. Don't know if that's true, just something I read on one of the draft sites.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Bruce Campbell's concern is his injury history. I think he probably has higher upside than Davis but teams will be concerned about getting full value out of him.
If Campbell and Davis shot up the board allowing Okung to somehow fall to 13 I would be so happy.
Originally posted by MertonHanks:
If Campbell and Davis shot up the board allowing Okung to somehow fall to 13 I would be so happy.

Don't think that's going to happen.........Okung goes top 10 no matter what (.....unless the Niners catch another Crabtree break).