LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 439 users in the forums

Would any of these signed players have trade value?

Baas, sign him to the one year tender, I would be willing to trade him for a 3rd or fourth round pick, this is assuming the niners will not want to re up him after the 2010 season, so I gladly would take a 3rd or 4th for him.

Jason Hill- If you are not going to play him, let someone else play him. In my eyes he should have been our KR and #3 WR, but the coach's do not see it that way

Shaun Hill- for a 7th, servicable backup, but no qb of the future.

Michael Robinson- box of crackers

Isaac Sopooaga- Love samoan players, but he has not produced?? 4th rounder?

Mark Roman- Box of chocolates

Manny Lawson- (3rd rounder)

Ray McDonald 5th rounder

Alex Smith- go ahead and laugh, but if they do not plan on signing him after 2010, what would his value be this year? 2nd, a 3rd, or possibly a Randy Moss 4th?

Tony Pashos

Snyder

Sims

I would trade any of these players, do you think any have value?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
i'd be more than happy to trade the 2 Hills. Doubt we'd get anything worth anything for either of them.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:
Baas, sign him to the one year tender, I would be willing to trade him for a 3rd or fourth round pick, this is assuming the niners will not want to re up him after the 2010 season, so I gladly would take a 3rd or 4th for him.

Jason Hill- If you are not going to play him, let someone else play him. In my eyes he should have been our KR and #3 WR, but the coach's do not see it that way

Ray McDonald 5th rounder

Alex Smith- go ahead and laugh, but if they do not plan on signing him after 2010, what would his value be this year? 2nd, a 3rd, or possibly a Randy Moss 4th?

Tony Pashos

Snyder

Sims

Ya..Lets trade our best special teams player!
I love when people say Isaac Sopoaga hasnt produced, he doesnt have the numbers but he really helps in the run game....Youd really trade Manny Lawson for a 3rd round draft pick?
Why would anyone trade for Hill, Pashos, Sims, or Roman

Ray McDonald 5th rounder

Tony Pashos

Snyder

Sims

Thanks that u're had realize about Sopa didnt produced it because he didn't getting a win for us..
Besides Baas, Roman, Pashos and Sims are not signed for next season. You can't trade a player that is not under contract. They are all free agents, although in Baas' case, a restriced free agent.

Why exactly would you want to trade Lawson or Robinson??
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Besides Baas, Roman, Pashos and Sims are not signed for next season. You can't trade a player that is not under contract. They are all free agents, although in Baas' case, a restriced free agent.

I would trade Robinson assuming we will be drafting a RB/KR to replace him. I wanted to puke when they used Robinson as KR, he sucked balls.

Lawson has never lived up to his potential, so if you could get value, I would trade him.

Soaps stats are below, he had a terrible season for 09 if you factor in his salary

TCKL SOLO ASST SCK FF INT PD TD
2009 Season 29 19 10 1 0 0 1 0

all that production for 5.6 million.

I would trade Robinson assuming we will be drafting a RB/KR to replace him. I wanted to puke when they used Robinson as KR, he sucked balls.

Lawson has never lived up to his potential, so if you could get value, I would trade him.

Soaps stats are below, he had a terrible season for 09 if you factor in his salary

Robinson is a very good special teamer, just not in the role of returner.

Lawsons value can't be measured by his sacks alone. He is very good at setting and hold the edge, a key part of why the team was so stout against the run. He is also very good dropping into coverage.

As for Soap, I can see almost see your point, then I remind myself that he plays LDE in 3-4 and wouldn't be expected to rack up big numbers. He is not the sort of dynamic player some would hope but he also is very stout against the run..

Robinson is a very good special teamer, just not in the role of returner.

Lawsons value can't be measured by his sacks alone. He is very good at setting and hold the edge, a key part of why the team was so stout against the run. He is also very good dropping into coverage.

As for Soap, I can see almost see your point, then I remind myself that he plays LDE in 3-4 and wouldn't be expected to rack up big numbers. He is not the sort of dynamic player some would hope but he also is very stout against the run..

This I agree with.
I am not sure if this is intended to be taken seriously. Trading a bundle of your starters is not usually a recipe for success. I think Sopoaga could be replaced, although I would prefer to keep him, but when you talk about trading your starting qb, to retain credibility I think you need to explain what happens next. Do you intend to start Hill, to gamble on Davis, or to gamble at even worse odds on a rookie?

Either way I don't like it.

Ray McDonald 5th rounder

Tony Pashos

Snyder

Sims

Can you please explain to me how you go about trading a player that is not signed to a contract?

• GEEK
  • Veteran
You can sign Baas with that 1 year RFA tender, and once he signs the contract, you can trade him.

But I don't think you'd get anything more than a 4th or 5th round draft pick for Baas. Why trade for someone like Baas, when you can get someone of the same quality in the 2nd, 3rd, or possibly 4th rounds?
The question is:

Do the Niners really have a need to trade players on the roster for more picks?

My answer is no. What the Niners need is continuity. If some of the guys on the list are beaten out by free agents or rookies, FANTASTIC! If not, why get rid of them for a mid to late round pick that may or may not work out?
I prefer these "trades":

Foerster out, Solari in.
Injury-inducing nutcracker drills out, more OL full-unit drills in.
Starting QB competition out, more reps for the single starting QB in.
OC turnover out, OC continuity in.
Share 49ersWebzone