Originally posted by 228niner:
I"m loving Freddy Barnes

They were all over his nut sack today!
Originally posted by AC49er:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by 228niner:
I"m loving Freddy Barnes

They were all over his nut sack today!

do you mean the announcers or the db's or both.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Top 10 performers (not in order).

TE Pitta
TE Quarles
QB Hall
QB Kafka
FS Chancellor
DT Collins
WR Barnes
OLB Schofield
OL Calloway
DE Witten

OTC, don't you think Chancellor is a SS. Look at his size. There are even talks about him moving to OLB.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Who was #94 today of the East team, dude was a beast, owning the West O-line, simply just moving blockers outta the way.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Who was #94 today of the East team, dude was a beast, owning the West O-line, simply just moving blockers outta the way.

Neal from Purdue I believe
Originally posted by kronik:

TE Pitta
TE Quarles
QB Hall
QB Kafka
FS Chancellor
DT Collins
WR Barnes
OLB Schofield
OL Calloway
DE Witten

OTC, don't you think Chancellor is a SS. Look at his size. There are even talks about him moving to OLB.

No, actually. And they actually talked about this. McShay noted how a lot of people who thought Chancellor might have to be an SS or OLB were completed silenced this week by Chancellor's outstanding play and range at the FS spot not only in practices but in the game. He looked natural out there and could play either spot I'm sure. They had him back there alone playing center field. Throughout the game he displayed the ability to break quickly on the ball and also tackled well.

I believe Kam is a true Safety. I would definitely not move him to linebacker.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 23, 2010 at 16:29:20 ]
How did Dixon do?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Neal from Purdue I believe

#94 was playing LDT, Neal I saw was playing RDT.

TE Pitta
TE Quarles
QB Hall
QB Kafka
FS Chancellor
DT Collins
WR Barnes
OLB Schofield
OL Calloway
DE Witten

No, actually. And they actually talked about this. McShay noted how a lot of people who thought Chancellor might have to be an SS or OLB were completed silenced this week by Chancellor's outstanding play and range at the FS spot not only in practices but in the game. He looked natural out there and could play either spot I'm sure. They had him back there alone playing center field. Throughout the game he displayed the ability to break quickly on the ball and also tackled well.

Thanks, what round do you project he'll be takened? He someone we could take if Rashard Jones or Chad Jones are gone.

I liked Calloway, Chancellor and #74 on the West. No RS looked remotely good.

Calloway had a couple of slips, but for the most part looked solid. There were times that I saw #74 engulf his opponent. Barnes was nice at the end. I was hoping to see some RS step up.

TE Pitta
TE Quarles
QB Hall
QB Kafka
FS Chancellor
DT Collins
WR Barnes
OLB Schofield
OL Calloway
DE Witten

Thanks, what round do you project he'll be takened? He someone we could take if Rashard Jones or Chad Jones are gone.

I both grade him and project him to go somewhere in the 3rd round.

Originally posted by teeohh:
How did Dixon do?

He actually did pretty well. Showed some nice shake-n-bake moves to turn a negative play into a 7 yard gain.
Oh, and #74 was Tennessee OT Chris Scott I believe.

There were a couple of plays where I focused on the interior and said Wow! I understand this is second to fourth tier talent supposedly, but he did pretty well.

I love the way Chancellor hits. I would love to have him on our team seems like a natural ST player, too! Also, Calloway just simply stoned-walled his opponents at times. Nice!

Again OTC, it just seems we are blessed with some serious options at positions of need up and down the rounds!

It is going to be a fun off-season! I look forward to everyone's analysis to get a nice sample of potential landing spots for this year's top players!

Wow, I still can't believe we have two first in the top 16/17 of this wonderful, talented draft!

Originally posted by ninertico:

There were a couple of plays where I focused on the interior and said Wow! I understand this is second to fourth tier talent supposedly, but he did pretty well.

I love the way Chancellor hits. I would love to have him on our team seems like a natural ST player, too! Also, Calloway just simply stoned-walled his opponents at times. Nice!

Again OTC, it just seems we are blessed with some serious options at positions of need up and down the rounds!

It is going to be a fun off-season! I look forward to everyone's analysis to get a nice sample of potential landing spots for this year's top players!

Wow, I still can't believe we have two first in the top 16/17 of this wonderful, talented draft!

Scratch that -- I'm watching it again on DVR and #74 of the West squad is Shelley Smith of Colorado state. He must be the guy you're talking about because he played guard in the game, and Chris Scott played left tackle for the East.
Share 49ersWebzone