LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

YOU are on the clock...

Originally posted by Bay_Area_Fan:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
this is why the other draft works better. this one is a mess. there's a seattle pick in nearly every page

And yea, the other way is so much better. They started their draft a day before this one and they are still on pick #8.

I all seriousness I didn't start this draft to trump the other one going on, more to see how each would play out and compare the two. I think there are benifits of doing it both ways. I just prefer this way cause I'm very impatient.
New England is still on the clock, who's got their pick?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Don't like the Bulaga pick at all, would've taken a skill position at #13 or Anthony Davis or Trent Williams.

Cj Spiller and then Trent Williams. That would have been the ideal Niner draft in my opinion.

I'm not a huge fan of Bulaga, but I'd rather have him over Trent Williams. The reason is: What if Staley gets hurt? You wanna rely on a 35 yr old free agent Barry Sims? At least Bulaga has proven more than Williams that he can play LT. Williams has proven he struggles there.

Yes, Barry Sims was solid this past season, we could always get a RT in the 2nd round, Iupati could always slide to RT. I'd at least give Barry Sims one more year to show that last year was not a fluke, and I think he will get it.

And Trent Williams struggles, I take it you didn't watch Brandon Graham destroy Bulaga when Iowa played Michigan?? IMO, Bulaga is a much better run blocker than pass protector.
Originally posted by Superbowl09:
New England is still on the clock, who's got their pick?

Please, someone give them Taylor Mays.
Im not making the pick, but if it was me, it has to be OLB, either Hughes or Ricky Sapp.
Don't like the Bulaga pick at all, would've taken a skill position at #13 or Anthony Davis or Trent Williams.

Cj Spiller and then Trent Williams. That would have been the ideal Niner draft in my opinion.

I'm not a huge fan of Bulaga, but I'd rather have him over Trent Williams. The reason is: What if Staley gets hurt? You wanna rely on a 35 yr old free agent Barry Sims? At least Bulaga has proven more than Williams that he can play LT. Williams has proven he struggles there.

Yes, Barry Sims was solid this past season, we could always get a RT in the 2nd round, Iupati could always slide to RT. I'd at least give Barry Sims one more year to show that last year was not a fluke, and I think he will get it.

And Trent Williams struggles, I take it you didn't watch Brandon Graham destroy Bulaga when Iowa played Michigan?? IMO, Bulaga is a much better run blocker than pass protector.

Yea, I didn't watch that game where Graham destroyed Bulaga. In fact, I'm not surprised at all. That's why I said I'm not a huge fan of his. But at least Bulaga has some versatility where he can backup left tackle as well. Otherwise, we can go Iupati with 1st pick and BPA with another. Then select an OT later like Charles Brown, Bruce Campbell, Jason Fox.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Im not making the pick, but if it was me, it has to be OLB, either Hughes or Ricky Sapp.

Don't give them Brandon Graham.

Yea, I didn't watch that game where Graham destroyed Bulaga. In fact, I'm not surprised at all. That's why I said I'm not a huge fan of his. But at least Bulaga has some versatility where he can backup left tackle as well. Otherwise, we can go Iupati with 1st pick and BPA with another. Then select an OT later like Charles Brown, Bruce Campbell, Jason Fox.

I for one, wouldnt mind going spiller and say Iupati in rd 1, then Jason Fox in rd 2 or Charles Brown, Ciron Black or Vlad Duccasse.
I was thinking big DE
Originally posted by solidg2000:
I was thinking big DE

they could use one i guess, but OLB is a bigger need IMO.

best fits;

Hughes
Sapp
Hardy
Kindle

I was thinking big DE

best fits;

Hughes
Sapp
Hardy
Kindle

I agree and would add Brandon Graham to that list.
I was thinking big DE

best fits;

Hughes
Sapp
Hardy
Kindle

I agree and would add Brandon Graham to that list.

I agree I think the Pats would take Brandon Graham over Huges or Kindle he just seems like a perfect fit for the Pats system he's hard working, has a non-stop motor, & nice size. Also a position the Pats are in need of is OL help if Iupati falls to them they will run his name to the podium.

[ Edited by epdavis on Jan 17, 2010 at 17:40:01 ]
Somebody make the pick then and I'll post it.
looks like epdavis just made the pick...
looks like epdavis just made the pick...

Yeah I'll make the pick of Brandon Graham, DE/OLB, Michigan for the Pats
Share 49ersWebzone