There are 172 users in the forums

YOU are on the clock...

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Saints can definitely use safety help with Sharper heading into free agency, but not sure what's left on the board is 1st round material....so the Saints go with OLB Sean Witherspoon, Missouri.

Oooh I love the duo of Witherspoon and Vilma, nice!!! More coverage LB's for the Saints, not to mention an upgrade to, what's his name....Shanle I think.

Fujita, Vilma, Witherspoon. Been loving the Saints defense this year, IMO I also think they need more beef in the middle, Dan Williams would also upgrade their D.
The Colts take Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State with the last pick of rd. 1, some might consider this a reach with his off the field issues but Odrick definitely has 1st rd talent & he won't be there when the Colts pick again. He is a perfect fit for the Colts def. in that he is a penetrating DT with a great first step that can get pressure on the QB.
Great first round, all picks have been updated. The Rams are on the clock again for the first pick in the second round...
The Rams are desperate for OL help after selecting Clausen, but they can't afford to reach for an OT here. Instead, they select Incognito's replacement.

Rams select OG Vladimir Ducasse, UMass
Rams select Jason Fox. Although they took Jason Smith last year, they still had problems with OL. Smith barely played last season too. After selecting Clausen in the 1st, they decide to give him some protection.
Originally posted by Overkill:
The Rams are desperate for OL help after selecting Clausen, but they can't afford to reach for an OT here. Instead, they select Incognito's replacement.

Rams select OG Vladimir Ducasse, UMass

Overkill posted before Kronik, so Ducasse is the pick. Lions are on the clock...
Lions select RB Dwyer. The Lions could go defense but elect to take BPA. Even before Kevin Smith's horrible injury, they need a thumper type RB.
Tampa Bay, you are on the clock...
Originally posted by Superbowl09:
Tampa Bay, you are on the clock...

Buccaneers struggled in coverage even with Talib and Barber. They got G. McCoy in the 1st, and have a young DL and LB corps, but Safety is a huge weakness. Tampa selects a fairly local product, FS Nate Allen of South Florida.
Kansas City is on the clock...

KC needs a LT, but the value isn't good here...instead, they choose a weapon for Cassell and select the #1 TE in the draft (and likely top 15 pick if he hadn't gotten injured), Jermaine Gresham from Oklahoma.
nvm.

[ Edited by AB83Rules on Jan 18, 2010 at 11:59:46 ]
never mind, got ahead of myself, Washington in on the clock.

[ Edited by AB83Rules on Jan 18, 2010 at 12:04:39 ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
KC needs a LT, but the value isn't good here...instead, they choose a weapon for Cassell and select the #1 TE in the draft (and likely top 15 pick if he hadn't gotten injured), Jermaine Gresham from Oklahoma.

Best value so far in this draft in my opinion. Great pick.
Here is where I think QB's like McCoy and Tebow may go. You have Washington, Cleveland and the Raiders consecutively.
Share 49ersWebzone