There are 131 users in the forums

YOU are on the clock...

Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by Superbowl09:
Anyone else think that Brandon Graham pick was a major reach. I think he will be going later in the second round. I don't know much about him though.

I think the Senior Bowl is going to change people's mind. He's the top 3-4 OLB, IMO. I don't know if it's just the uniform, but he reminds me of Woodley. He's relentless and has the skill and strength to make an early impact.

I actually think Graham and Patrick Robinson will rise into consideration for our 2nd pick. Both have 1st round talent, IMO, and may be the best prospect at their position. (sorry, just too many doubts with Haden, for me)

Totally agree with you on Graham but I disagree on Robinson what questions could you possibly have about Haden that you don't have with Robinson? Haden was a very good very consistent CB that improved throughout the season, while Robinson may have all the physical tools he seemed to get beat an awful lot and his closing speed looked nowhere near Haden IMO.
Originally posted by epdavis:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
GB's defense was scorched by Warner. CB Jeb Bush is a serious liability in coverage. Kampman was hurt. GB needs to go BPA.

They take a BPA at a serious need in OT Charles Brown, USC.

Might as well make Philly's pick while I'm at it. If, in this scenario, they didn't draft an ILB, they'd be out of their minds. Play was horrific there all season and they couldn't cover TE's to save their life. Philly would take ILB Brandon Spikes.

I think Spikes would have been their pick if Mays were not still on the board I think his fall ends with the Eagles

The Eagles struggled at ILB because they lost their starter (Stewart Bradley) in TC. He's pretty good and will be back next season. They really need an OLB, and Spikes could make the switch w/o any concerns. But I think Mays is too good to pass here.

I think the Eagles take Mays, too.
GB's defense was scorched by Warner. CB Jeb Bush is a serious liability in coverage. Kampman was hurt. GB needs to go BPA.

Might as well make Philly's pick while I'm at it. If, in this scenario, they didn't draft an ILB, they'd be out of their minds. Play was horrific there all season and they couldn't cover TE's to save their life. Philly would take ILB Brandon Spikes.

I think Spikes would have been their pick if Mays were not still on the board I think his fall ends with the Eagles

But remember the starting ILB went down in preseason. So what you saw out there was replacements inside. I think OLB would be a bigger need, and Spikes can move outside as well. But would he be better then a true OLB prospect? And Mays, while he is hated on these boards, is still available. I also think the eagles look long and hard at that possibility.

Is it me or did more juniors declare then any previous year?
Originally posted by solidg2000:

But remember the starting ILB went down in preseason. So what you saw out there was replacements inside. I think OLB would be a bigger need, and Spikes can move outside as well. But would he be better then a true OLB prospect? And Mays, while he is hated on these boards, is still available. I also think the eagles look long and hard at that possibility.

it seems like 95% of the juniors that declared are 1st-2nd rd guys. Which makes this draft so deep.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

it seems like 95% of the juniors that declared are 1st-2nd rd guys. Which makes this draft so deep.

But what does that say about 2011 draft lol
Originally posted by Overkill:

The Eagles struggled at ILB because they lost their starter (Stewart Bradley) in TC. He's pretty good and will be back next season. They really need an OLB, and Spikes could make the switch w/o any concerns. But I think Mays is too good to pass here.

So does this qualify as an official pick?

This year, there are 45 underlcassmen (according to GBN). I believe they mentioned the record was set in 2007 with 57 or so underclassmen. Can't find the article so my memory could be off.

[ Edited by kronik on Jan 17, 2010 at 19:24:41 ]
Originally posted by Bay_Area_Fan:

Somebody make an official pick and I'll post it.
Originally posted by Bay_Area_Fan:

He is eligible, so make it happen capin
Sorry guys, didn't mean to confuse anyone - just meant to agree with epdavis (didn't realize he wasn't eligible).

I will take the Eagles Selection to move things along.

I think the Eagles go defense after setting a franchise record in points with their O last year.

They need help at DE, OLB, & S. Of those three, DE is actually the bigger need imo. But, as much as I dislike Mays, he is the BPA here and he plays a position of need.

Eagles take Mays.

Great, I guess Balt is up now. I think they need WR weapons for Flacco. Clayton and Demetrius Williams are busts. Mason almost retired last year, and had to get talked into playing 1 more year. Arrelious Benn, Damian Williams? I think they go with the guy with more upside and take Benn.

[ Edited by kronik on Jan 17, 2010 at 19:48:56 ]
Sorry guys, didn't mean to confuse anyone - just meant to agree with epdavis (didn't realize he wasn't eligible).

I will take the Eagles Selection to move things along.

I think the Eagles go defense after setting a franchise record in points with their O last year.

They need help at DE, OLB, & S. Of those three, DE is actually the bigger need imo. But, as much as I dislike Mays, he is the BPA here and he plays a position of need.

Eagles take Mays.

Done. Baltimore is on the clock and in serious need of some offensive playmakers for Flacco (as we saw in their loss yesterday).
The Baltimore Ravens select:

WR Arrelious Benn.

The Ravens need to keep pace with the Colts and they have a nucleus to start, but Flacco needs more weapons to throw to. Benn is a BIG target (6'2", 220 lbs) which is why he is chosen over the smaller/speedier Tate.

[ Edited by DynastyPart2 on Jan 17, 2010 at 19:49:53 ]
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
The Baltimore Ravens select:

WR Arrelious Benn.

The Ravens need to keep pace with the Colts and they have a nucleus to start, but Flacco needs more weapons to throw too. Benn is a BIG target (6'2", 220 lbs) which is why he is chosen over the smaller/speedier Tate.

Good logical pick. PS: Tate is gone (to Bengals).
Oh oops, well it's good the Ravens wanted Benn then isn't it.
Share 49ersWebzone