LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Yahoo Sports says we get BERRY

I dont know how to make a link so I copied and pasted

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tsn-mockdraftwithcollege&prov=tsn&type=lgns

1. St. Louis Rams: Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska DT
The Rams wish there was a surefire franchise QB in the draft, but there’s not, so they should grab the best player available in Suh, who would upgrade their defensive line from Day 1.

2. Detroit Lions: Trent Williams, Oklahoma OT
If the Lions do not find a way to protect Matthew Stafford(notes), then he will never get the chance to lead them. So they should grab the strong and aggressive Williams to shore up their left tackle situation.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma DT
The Bucs’ defense has not played up to its lofty standards in recent seasons, due largely to its lack of an elite tackle. McCoy has the talent to be special if he plays with intensity on every snap.

4. Washington Redskins: Russell Okung, Oklahoma State OT
Mike Shanahan sees a lot of Ryan Clady(notes) in the very athletic Okung, so he could jump at the chance to protect Jason Campbell’s(notes) blindside with him.

5. Kansas City Chiefs: Joe Haden, Florida CB
The Chiefs’ defense made strides in 2009, with Brandon Flowers(notes) looking like a keeper at one corner spot. Haden would give Kansas City two very good cornerbacks to anchor its secondary.

6. Seattle Seahawks: Bruce Campbell, Maryland OT
Without Walter Jones(notes) in 2009, the Seahawks’ offense really struggled. Campbell has the size and elite athleticism to become their left tackle for the next decade.

7. Cleveland Browns: Sam Bradford, Oklahoma QB
Mike Holmgren has not said anything positive about Brady Quinn(notes) or Derek Anderson(notes), which makes us believe he is not sold on either. Bradford’s accuracy, intelligence and athleticism seem ideal for Holmgren’s West Coast offense.

8. Oakland Raiders: Derrick Morgan, Georgia Tech DE
The Raiders might think long and hard about taking Jimmy Clausen, but if owner Al Davis is not ready to give up on JaMarcus Russell(notes), then they should grab Morgan, who would improve their defensive line immediately.

9. Buffalo Bills: Sergio Kindle, Texas DE
The Bills’ current defensive ends try hard but lack the explosiveness to be impact pass-rushers. Kindle brings the athleticism, explosiveness and passion that should upgrade Buffalo’s line.

10. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame QB
After a disappointing season from David Garrard(notes), the Jaguars know they need to upgrade their passing attack in order to have a playoff-caliber offense.

11. Denver Broncos (from Chicago): Corey Wootton, Northwestern DT/DE
Wootton is tall and very athletic. He played defensive tackle in college but would fit ideally as an end in the Broncos’ defensive scheme.

12. Miami Dolphins: Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State WR
If Chad Henne(notes) is going to succeed, he needs weapons, and Bryant has the size, athleticism and receiving skills to be a top-level receiver and big playmaker.

13. San Francisco 49ers: Eric Berry, Tennessee S/CB
The 49ers need to upgrade at cornerback, and while Berry played safety at Tennessee, we feel he is best suited to corner in the NFL. He should be able to challenge for a starting job as a rookie.[/b]

14. Seattle Seahawks (from Denver), C.J. Spiller, Clemson RB
RB Julius Jones(notes) is not the answer, and Justin Forsett(notes) is best suited for a third-down role. The Seahawks should jump at the chance to add Spiller, whose big-play ability as a runner, receiver and returner would add a dimension to their team.

15. New York Giants: Brandon Spikes, Florida ILB
MLB Antonio Pierce(notes) is nearing the end of his career, and Spikes has the size, strength, athleticism and instincts to be a good replacement.

16. Tennessee Titans: Carlos Dunlap, Florida DE
The Titans need youth at defensive end, and while Dunlap did not produce like a first-rounder, he is big and athletic. The Titans have a history of drafting such players early, even if they are not polished.

For the rest of the first-round pick projections, visit SN’s Pro Football War Room. You’ll also find player profiles for hundreds of potential pros, draft dishes by Russ Lande and SN’s exclusive Super 99, ranking the best players headed for the 2010 NFL draft.
Sorry wont happen
Who the f**k wrote this s**t. I would love it but that s**t won't happen. Crabtree fell to us but he had an injury at least, berry is not injured and is the best safety and the teams ahead of us would sure like to have him.
THAT MEANS IT REALLY HAPPENS!
LOL! And they say that Berry would be best as a CB! LOL!
Trent Williams in front of Okung, Haden in front of Berry, and Sergio Kindle and Wooten within the top 12. I don't know what he is smoking but if it makes his judgment that bad, then I am staying clear from it.
Well.... He could drop stock at the combine... although highly unlikely, it could happen
Spikes before McClain, interesting...
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
What a horrible draft.
Trent Williams at #2???! What the f**k man!?

• flow
  • Veteran
me Yahoo!
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Well.... He could drop stock at the combine... although highly unlikely, it could happen

I could win the lottery! When you say "highly unlikely" you need to draw the word "highly" out more. Like hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighly.

Could happen. But as we don't live in Wonderland, it won't!
If we got Berry I would need a change of trousers! It isn't going to happen, wish it would though.

Anyone know any scouts so we could start spreading rumours about Berry to get him to drop to us?
Originally posted by kunged:
If we got Berry I would need a change of trousers! It isn't going to happen, wish it would though.

Anyone know any scouts so we could start spreading rumours about Berry to get him to drop to us?
Share 49ersWebzone