There are 200 users in the forums

Best OT pick in 1st round 2010

Best OT pick in 1st round 2010

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I would be very happy with any of the 3 and because of that would wait until pick 16/17 to draft an OT unless there somehow is an early run on them. I dont see that happening however. Spiller at 1A and the OT at 1B would be sweet.

It depends on what Seattle does at #6. If they go OT at 6 then we can wait till 16 to get our tackle. But, if they go something else they surely will go tackle at 14 thus, we must take our tackle at 13 or he'll get gobbled up with the next pick. It's the difference between getting the 3rd best OT or the 5th best.

If Seattle knows 49ers have to go OT in first round they will probably select at OT at number 6

But, if one of the QB's is there at 6 then they got a decision to make.
Bryan Bulaga looks like a guard playing tackle. He can't handle the speed rush. Anthony Davis looks really solid though.
Originally posted by thaakingd:
Bryan Bulaga looks like a guard playing tackle. He can't handle the speed rush. Anthony Davis looks really solid though.

Based on what???
Originally posted by cools:
Its great that there are so many top tier OT's this year
think im on the Bulaga wagon atm, but i like all the guys in the top 6,
I also wouldnt mind someone like C.Black in the 2nd or 3rd, and turn him into a guard (which he has also played)

Russell Okung
Anthony Davis
Bruce Campbell
Bryan Bulaga
Trent Williams
Charles Brown

Vladimir Ducasse
Jason Fox
Kyle Calloway
Selvish Capers
Ciron Black
Joseph Barksdale

I totally agree with you on Ciron Black
Recently I was watching/read something that said Buluga has some kind of illness like diabities or something. I thought it said he was even out a couple of games in college. I feel bad for the guy, but do you really want to draft him with your top pick? I just think your top pick has to be as non-risky as possible. If it's the second or 3rd fine, but not the first.

Anyone have any insight into his issue?
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I would be very happy with any of the 3 and because of that would wait until pick 16/17 to draft an OT unless there somehow is an early run on them. I dont see that happening however. Spiller at 1A and the OT at 1B would be sweet.

It depends on what Seattle does at #6. If they go OT at 6 then we can wait till 16 to get our tackle. But, if they go something else they surely will go tackle at 14 thus, we must take our tackle at 13 or he'll get gobbled up with the next pick. It's the difference between getting the 3rd best OT or the 5th best.

If Seattle knows 49ers have to go OT in first round they will probably select at OT at number 6

But, if one of the QB's is there at 6 then they got a decision to make.

I really hope we get a top tackle in the 1st round of the draft Looks like alot depends on what Seattle does.
ya i would be hapy with ( in this order)

okung
anthony davis
bruce cambell
balugla
trent williams

i would be happy with any oif them and at least 1 has to fall to us at 13
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Recently I was watching/read something that said Buluga has some kind of illness like diabities or something. I thought it said he was even out a couple of games in college. I feel bad for the guy, but do you really want to draft him with your top pick? I just think your top pick has to be as non-risky as possible. If it's the second or 3rd fine, but not the first.

He had a thyroid problem that flared up early in the season, causing him to miss a few games and lose some weight. The doctors have cleared him and don't even believe he'll reqiure medication to regulate it. He'll get a thorough medical evaluation from teams interested in drafting him.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

He had a thyroid problem that flared up early in the season, causing him to miss a few games and lose some weight. The doctors have cleared him and don't even believe he'll reqiure medication to regulate it. He'll get a thorough medical evaluation from teams interested in drafting him.

Thanks for the insight. I have two family members with a thyroid problem. One has been on medication most of my life. I guess without the medication you can get extermely tired and your over all system slows down. With the medication it doesnt seem to be much of a problem, but at the same time they arent playing in the NFL. I trust the doctorswill make the right decision.

Something I found:

Posted Oct. 01, 2009 @ 12:05 p.m.
By Nolan Nawrocki
• Iowa junior OLT Bryan Bulaga has been medically cleared to play against Arkansas State after missing the last three weeks with a thyroid condition that will not require lifelong medication as initially feared. The injury all the more increases the likelihood that he will depart for the NFL following the season, despite still having much to prove as a relatively raw technician who's still learning to play the game. The high premium placed on athletic big men in the NFL could easily position Bulaga in the first round of the draft, despite having yet to play like a proven first-round talent.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/10/01/iowa-olt-bulaga-cleared-from-thyroid-condition

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jan 18, 2010 at 15:04:36 ]
It looks like Bulaga is the choice

Originally posted by tohara3:
I think you mean Anthony Davis, but I don't see him falling to us unfortunately.

I fixed it
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
ya i would be hapy with ( in this order)

okung
anthony davis
bruce cambell
bulaga
trent williams

i would be happy with any oif them and at least 1 has to fall to us at 13

Of this list, looks like Okung, Trent Williams and Bulaga will be gone. Probably be Anthony Davis.
Share 49ersWebzone