LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 314 users in the forums

Joe Haden

I don't want him. He runs close to 4.6. That won't hold up in the NFL. I wouldn't pick him until the 2nd round.
Haden is a football player. The tapes bear this out. I want him on my team, the Jerry Rice of the defense.
  • willworkforbecky
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by oklasooners:
Watch tape on haden and you will see he was helped mostly by the gators front seven pressuring the qb. youtube haden vs. lsu and you will see how much he gets burned because of his lack of speed. lafell blos past him all day. he is always getting called for holdng. I DO NOT Want HADEN! Patric Robinson is a gamer!

Haden is the best corner in this draft period. Don't let the 40 times dictate what kind of player he is. The only guy even close to him is Kyle Wilson. As for Robinson he's the one thing you can't have at the cornerback position. Inconsistant. And that at the CB position = Touchdowns.
Originally posted by willworkforbecky:
Watch tape on haden and you will see he was helped mostly by the gators front seven pressuring the qb. youtube haden vs. lsu and you will see how much he gets burned because of his lack of speed. lafell blos past him all day. he is always getting called for holdng. I DO NOT Want HADEN! Patric Robinson is a gamer!

Haden is the best corner in this draft period. Don't let the 40 times dictate what kind of player he is. The only guy even close to him is Kyle Wilson. As for Robinson he's the one thing you can't have at the cornerback position. Inconsistant. And that at the CB position = Touchdowns.

Attaboy...You tell em!

I was very excited about Robinson at the beginning of the season, and watched him play several times. Lets just say that I'm VERY unimpressed.

Haden, according to real scouts who actually do watch game "tape", say he's great on film. Board members who watch YouTube clips and claim to be watching "tape" for some reason don't like him. I'll go with the scouts on this one. Btw, LSU was last year, and he was still very raw. He came to school as a QB and completely shifted gears to DB. His progress in just 3 years is IMPRESSIVE
  • krizay
  • Veteran
To me he's easily the most overrated player in this draft. I thought that even before his 40 time. I wasn't impressed by him at all in any game I watched. Gives up alot of catches. They just aren't deep because of Florida's pressure.
im bias, i wanna see the niners go OL with both picks but im curious to how see how the zone feels about the potential match-ups with the likes of fitz, breston, and housh against haden not to mention the remote possibility of marshall moving into the division

You're crazy. Haden is a steal at 13.

iam pretty sure McC and staff are doing their homework thoroughly on all these guys.

and another thing a Corners success comes largely from the play of the front 7.
Haden is a dominant football player. CB isn't a high need, and I wouldn't be surprised if we passed - but I would LOVE to have him on our team.

we have bigger needs and already have clements spencer and brown, hopefully we PASS
If Hayden is there and the top 4 OTs are gone then we have to take him. If Bulaga or Williams are there then I think we will draft OT over corner though. JMHO
Originally posted by KRS-1:
What's wrong with the other Haden threads we have ?

Too many replies? or he likes to start up threads that have already been beaten like a dead horse?

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=139128
[ Edited by Jakemall on Mar 14, 2010 at 5:30 PM ]
ok one more guy that gets wrapped up in the combine way to much. Haden is a stud, not to mention the niners were tied for 3rd for sacks its not like we are a bunch of no pressure scrubs
Share 49ersWebzone