LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

Joe Haden

Isn't this the kid that ran down Nole Devine?

That was some impressive speed!
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
With teams running more and more 3-4 receiver sets you can bet your momma that a nickel back can be considered a starter nowaday.

This is true and with injuries and all, you never know. With that said do we draft a DB as high as 13/16/17 and have him on the bench?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Unless Clements moves to FS, I don't see Haden as a viable option with our first round draft picks. Specifically, there are better players in the 2nd and 3rd round that would provide more value on special teams than Haden. For a #2-#3 CB, you'd bet your ass they'll be playing special teams.

If Haden is available with other offensive tackles on the board, I'd expect to see if we could trade down a couple of slots.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Agreed with valrod, he would be the 3rd corner. Corner is a real tough position to learn in the pros, and I believe he would have to dethrone Spencer and Clements instead of just getting thrown atop the depth chart.

Agree. Hope we get a corner in the 2nd or 3rd that has return abilities.
Haden would be the #3 CB or possibly the #4. As a rookie, Clements, Spencer and Bly (if resigned) would probably beat him out. He'd most likely be competing with Brown for the next spot.

I doubt we select Haden. IMO, someone like Arenas makes more sense because he could get on the field as a returner.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ninertico:
I was thinking the same thing. A top 10 pick as a nickle corner? Hmmmm...

The big question mark for us is Clements. Will he take a pay cut? If he does, he stays and Haden maybe unseats him, but doubt it. If he doesn't take the cut, then we may cut him and Haden and Spencer become the top Corners saving us a ton of money.

Why does Clements need to take a pay cut? He's due for $6 million next year which doesn't even bust him into the top 10 highest paid CBs in the league.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
I'd be pissed if we picked Joe Haden, CB is far down the list of needs right now.

Not at all. Do a little review of history on what made the Niners a powerhouse in the 80s, and then come back and talk.
Originally posted by ninertico:
I was thinking the same thing. A top 10 pick as a nickle corner? Hmmmm...

The big question mark for us is Clements. Will he take a pay cut? If he does, he stays and Haden maybe unseats him, but doubt it. If he doesn't take the cut, then we may cut him and Haden and Spencer become the top Corners saving us a ton of money.

I am all for Haden if he drops to us at #13, but I don't expect him to. The other kid I see who may drop out of the top 10, Morgan. I can see those two out of all the top 10 candidates being passed on for other top needs for teams.

How good is Haden as compared to the rook Jenkins of the Saints? Can he start from day one or at least compete for a starting job against Clements and Spencer? Also, Bly and Harris are out there, too. We had a nice tandem with Spencer, Bly and Brown as the nickle. Add back Clements, Haden and Harris and we will have a very deep and talented CB squad.

Still, I want Williams and Iupati! I am hoping that OTC's Mock comes true especially in the first two rounds.

I doubt Nate would take a pay cut I mean he's not in the top 10 highest paid Cb's this year and 6 million isn't that bad. I just care about his play not his salary. Plus with no cap why would he take a pay cut. I think we get to caught up in how much he gets paid i just want him to perform better. As for Haden he could possibly start. Jenkins is starting. Leon Hall and Revis both have started from day one. So i guess you have to see ho he plays in TC.
I'd be pissed if we picked Joe Haden, CB is far down the list of needs right now.

???WHAT??? have you seen our pass defense stats?

But he is not going to FALL to us anyways. IMO
Originally posted by jta854:

have you seen our offensive line?

Huh? We finished 21st in pass YPG despite being tied for 3rd in sacks. And we're old, old at CB. I think CB is high on our list. I'd certainly expect to see one taken in the first 3 rounds. Haden is probably top 10 anyway and he won't be there.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Unless Clements moves to FS, I don't see Haden as a viable option with our first round draft picks. Specifically, there are better players in the 2nd and 3rd round that would provide more value on special teams than Haden. For a #2-#3 CB, you'd bet your ass they'll be playing special teams.

If Haden is available with other offensive tackles on the board, I'd expect to see if we could trade down a couple of slots.

Agreed. I'd rather we pick a 'project' CB in the 2nd-3rd rounds that can immediately double as a PR/KR. Arenas makes sense.

-9fA

i think its more our run defense being really good that most teams are forced to throw the ball more.
I don't expect to see him still on the board at #13...I'd rather see us take the top OT available, then with the 2nd 1st rounder, grab OG Iupati. We get our CB and KR in the 2nd with Arenas. In the first two rds we address OL (big-time), CB depth and a dynamite KR.
Originally posted by valrod33:

have you seen our offensive line?

Gentlemen, please. Thats why we have two pick in the first round.
Share 49ersWebzone