There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Joe Haden

All of this is irrelevant at this point. Workouts (mainly 40 times) will determine when CB's are projected to be picked. If Haden runs a 4.28 for example, he elevates himself into the top 10 realm.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by wailers15:
ever heard of Patrick Robinson? Florida State. He will be the next cromartie. kid is fast as hell & can jump like lebron. lol not that high, but damn good. best CB you've never heard of!

Cosigned. I'm a big fan of Robinson. I saw a few FSU games and he has a lot of potential, he has the potential to be a lockdown guy IMO. I like Haden too though but I think he benefited from playing on a really talented D and he did struggle at times. RObinson has a ton of potentiall.

I like Robinson's athleticism size and speed. But when I think about him, I keep thinking of the game where he got burned continously by Miami over and over. It's tough to figure out how he'll do in the pro's.
Not to talk smack but there really is no compairison with a college CB and arguably the NFLs top lock down corner.
ever heard of Patrick Robinson? Florida State. He will be the next cromartie. kid is fast as hell & can jump like lebron. lol not that high, but damn good. best CB you've never heard of!

So you're saying he's going to have one year with a lot of picks and 3 years getting burned deep?
There does seem to be a little bit of concern about Haden.

Would people rather take a top pass rusher instead? I just ask because a good pass rusher will make our whole secondary better. I know people are calling for S and CB as a big need for us (along with Oline), but I do think someone who can get 12+ sacks a season would automatically improve the secondary
Originally posted by kunged:

Would people rather take a top pass rusher instead? I just ask because a good pass rusher will make our whole secondary better. I know people are calling for S and CB as a big need for us (along with Oline), but I do think someone who can get 12+ sacks a season would automatically improve the secondary

That's been a big issue for years now, but the fact is the Niners finsished tied for 3rd in the NFL in sacks last year with 44. Only Minnesota (48) and Pittsburgh (47) had more. If Haden is there I think we should go with him. I don't think he is going to be there though. I think he is going top 10.
Originally posted by dbdublin:
Originally posted by kunged:

That's been a big issue for years now, but the fact is the Niners finsished tied for 3rd in the NFL in sacks last year with 44. Only Minnesota (48) and Pittsburgh (47) had more. If Haden is there I think we should go with him. I don't think he is going to be there though. I think he is going top 10.

True, but IMO we just struggle for consistent pressure, everyone chipping in is good, but if we had constant pressure guy who would demand double teams we could be that much better, everyone who had sacks this season would have had a lot more!

Though this could just be warped perception.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by strickac:

Robinson looks the part to me. He's raw, but very athletic. He could be a steal for someone. It'll be interesting to see where he goes. I could see someone falling in love with his potential and snagging him in the #20s.

Cromartie was a freak coming out. He had that knee injury coming out, didn't he?

yeah he tore his acl. being an fsu fan robinson being the best player on the d this past yr shouldve shut down opposing acc wrs which he didnt do at all times. there was times i saw him get burnt times where he locked his man but didnt turn his head for an easy pick or swat away. with better technique robinson could be a beast

Sounds like Robinson could be a good pick in the 2nd round.

Robinson seems like a first round pick to me though. Then again, it depends on the combine and individual workouts.

IMO he's a solid 2nd round pick. Lots of potential and actually reminds me a bit of Shawntae Spencer. However, in the few games I did watch of Robinson, he was getting burned deep and on those plays, never looking for the ball. Good coaching should fix that problem though.
I believe that a player picked 13th or 16/17 in the first round should be a starter! So if we were to take Haden, who would sit Clements or Spencer?

Would 13, 16, or 17 be to high to select a nickle corner?

Your thoughts?
he would be the nickle
Agreed with valrod, he would be the 3rd corner. Corner is a real tough position to learn in the pros, and I believe he would have to dethrone Spencer and Clements instead of just getting thrown atop the depth chart.
With teams running more and more 3-4 receiver sets you can bet your momma that a nickel back can be considered a starter nowaday.
I'd be pissed if we picked Joe Haden, CB is far down the list of needs right now.
I was thinking the same thing. A top 10 pick as a nickle corner? Hmmmm...

The big question mark for us is Clements. Will he take a pay cut? If he does, he stays and Haden maybe unseats him, but doubt it. If he doesn't take the cut, then we may cut him and Haden and Spencer become the top Corners saving us a ton of money.

I am all for Haden if he drops to us at #13, but I don't expect him to. The other kid I see who may drop out of the top 10, Morgan. I can see those two out of all the top 10 candidates being passed on for other top needs for teams.

How good is Haden as compared to the rook Jenkins of the Saints? Can he start from day one or at least compete for a starting job against Clements and Spencer? Also, Bly and Harris are out there, too. We had a nice tandem with Spencer, Bly and Brown as the nickle. Add back Clements, Haden and Harris and we will have a very deep and talented CB squad.

Still, I want Williams and Iupati! I am hoping that OTC's Mock comes true especially in the first two rounds.

Originally posted by strickac:
Not close at all.

I'm no expert and CBs are difficult to evaluate, but I've seen Haden struggle plenty of times. Haden is still very young and could evolve into a solid pro, but I wouldn't even throw him into a discussion that involved Revis. The way Revis played this season was remarkable and one of the best seasons EVER put together by a DB.

I second that! not even close.