There are 317 users in the forums

Joe Haden

Looking at how dominant Revis is and where he was drafted (14th) how do people think Haden compares to Revis when he was drafted.

I see most people have Haden going in the top 15, just curious to compare the knocks on Revis coming out of college and see how they match up to Haden, especially considering most have Haden going before Revis did.
Not close at all.

I'm no expert and CBs are difficult to evaluate, but I've seen Haden struggle plenty of times. Haden is still very young and could evolve into a solid pro, but I wouldn't even throw him into a discussion that involved Revis. The way Revis played this season was remarkable and one of the best seasons EVER put together by a DB.
BTW, I realize you were talking about them comparing as prospects coming out of college. I'm not trying to kill your thread or anything. That is just my take on comparing a Junior to an All-Pro.
Originally posted by strickac:
BTW, I realize you were talking about them comparing as prospects coming out of college. I'm not trying to kill your thread or anything. That is just my take on comparing a Junior to an All-Pro.

No worries, it is tough trying to remember bad aspects about someone as dominant as Revis is! Just really don't remember that much about him personally and would just like to hear some other opinions
Not close at all.

I'm no expert and CBs are difficult to evaluate, but I've seen Haden struggle plenty of times. Haden is still very young and could evolve into a solid pro, but I wouldn't even throw him into a discussion that involved Revis. The way Revis played this season was remarkable and one of the best seasons EVER put together by a DB.

Many draft experts had Leon Hall as the best cornerback in that draft class. Haden's still raw, but very good. I believe he converted from quarterback or receiver coming out of high school.
ever heard of Patrick Robinson? Florida State. He will be the next cromartie. kid is fast as hell & can jump like lebron. lol not that high, but damn good. best CB you've never heard of!
nvm

[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Jan 13, 2010 at 17:35:30 ]
Originally posted by wailers15:
ever heard of Patrick Robinson? Florida State. He will be the next cromartie. kid is fast as hell & can jump like lebron. lol not that high, but damn good. best CB you've never heard of!

Robinson looks the part to me. He's raw, but very athletic. He could be a steal for someone. It'll be interesting to see where he goes. I could see someone falling in love with his potential and snagging him in the #20s.

Cromartie was a freak coming out. He had that knee injury coming out, didn't he?
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by kunged:
Looking at how dominant Revis is and where he was drafted (14th) how do people think Haden compares to Revis when he was drafted.

I see most people have Haden going in the top 15, just curious to compare the knocks on Revis coming out of college and see how they match up to Haden, especially considering most have Haden going before Revis did.

I'm not sold on Haden as an elite CB. He's the best in this draft but that's one of the weak positions here. I think he tends to get beaten on inside routes and double moves, and I don't think he has very good run support--he gets blocked easily and misses tackles.

Robinson looks the part to me. He's raw, but very athletic. He could be a steal for someone. It'll be interesting to see where he goes. I could see someone falling in love with his potential and snagging him in the #20s.

Cromartie was a freak coming out. He had that knee injury coming out, didn't he?

yeah he tore his acl. being an fsu fan robinson being the best player on the d this past yr shouldve shut down opposing acc wrs which he didnt do at all times. there was times i saw him get burnt times where he locked his man but didnt turn his head for an easy pick or swat away. with better technique robinson could be a beast

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

yeah he tore his acl. being an fsu fan robinson being the best player on the d this past yr shouldve shut down opposing acc wrs which he didnt do at all times. there was times i saw him get burnt times where he locked his man but didnt turn his head for an easy pick or swat away. with better technique robinson could be a beast

Sounds like Robinson could be a good pick in the 2nd round.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Sounds like Robinson could be a good pick in the 2nd round.

Robinson seems like a first round pick to me though. Then again, it depends on the combine and individual workouts.

Cosigned. I'm a big fan of Robinson. I saw a few FSU games and he has a lot of potential, he has the potential to be a lockdown guy IMO. I like Haden too though but I think he benefited from playing on a really talented D and he did struggle at times. RObinson has a ton of potentiall.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Cosigned. I'm a big fan of Robinson. I saw a few FSU games and he has a lot of potential, he has the potential to be a lockdown guy IMO. I like Haden too though but I think he benefited from playing on a really talented D and he did struggle at times. RObinson has a ton of potentiall.

Robinson has some return experience, too - right?
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Robinson has some return experience, too - right?

A little bit yeah.
Share 49ersWebzone