There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Terance Cody in the second round?

From what I hear, they're planning to either franchise Franklin or re-sign him...and Balmer & Soap can also play the position, so not sure why we'd want to draft Cody. Instead, I'd rather go heavy OL in 1st rd, then get a Gilyard or Arenas in 2nd. Both guys are excellent at WR & CB respectively and they can both scoot as KR's. Those are the two biggest needs...we'd meet them in the 1st two rds.
I think it's a good possibility, IF we don't resign Franklin. That would also require him to fall to us.

Last year, we were targeting Ron Brace and Rey Maualuga in the 2nd, so NT isn't out of question.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Would you be mad if we selected Mount Cody in the second round? I think he will be a top 15 pick. Look at what the packers did one pick ahead of us last year when they took the big nose gaurd from Boston College. I think Mount Cody is even better than him!

Say he falls to us at either 16/17 or second round and we already have a RT, would you be against selecting a 2 down player at that point in the 1st or second round of the draft?

your thoughts?

Will he even be available in the second round?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Would you be mad if we selected Mount Cody in the second round? I think he will be a top 15 pick. Look at what the packers did one pick ahead of us last year when they took the big nose gaurd from Boston College. I think Mount Cody is even better than him!

Say he falls to us at either 16/17 or second round and we already have a RT, would you be against selecting a 2 down player at that point in the 1st or second round of the draft?

your thoughts?

Will he even be available in the second round?

no
"According to an ESPN report earlier this month, Alabama NT Terrence Cody weighed "right around" 355 pounds on January 5.
In other words, Cody appears to have gained 15 pounds (he measured 6'4/370 at the Senior Bowl) in the last 20 days. Cody's body appeared sloppy, to put it mildly, when he removed his shirt for Monday's weigh-in. While weight fluctuation is a routine concern for clogging, nose-tackle types, Cody is already resembling a late-career Ted Washington at age 21.
Source: ESPN.com "

He might fall into the 3rd or 4th at this rate. The more tape people watch the more they will see he can only play a small portion of the game. In the national championship game he barely touched the field the second half. This year Andre Smith except he does not have Saban to save his stock.
  • cw9er
  • Info N/A
only 21! thats still baby fat bro.
  • ptinerocket
  • Info N/A
id stay away form this guy.
He's like 370 lbs. at the Senior Bowl right? This guy is going to eat himself out of the league.
No. This dude will eat himself out of the league.
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
If he can drop to 340-350 and stay there I'd take him.

Right now he's too big and doesn't have the stamina. He can only play two maybe three snaps a series. Can't get penetration because of his weight. Does a good job of clogging up the lane though.

However if he drops down to 340-350 by the time of the combine he'll be gone late first or early 2nd.
My thoughts. Fat, fat, fat, fat, fat, fat, and fat.
I would gladly take him in the second, but I don't think we have any shot. He may well make it to the second, but not nearly as low as our pick.

However, more and more it's looking like a pass rusher like Hughes or Kindle WILL make it that far and that's who I would like to see us target.
Originally posted by dbdublin:

Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by dbdublin:

pretty serious man boobage.
[ Edited by alburns on Jan 28, 2010 at 4:40 PM ]
i wouldnt draft him on the 2nd round maybe if he falls to 3rd but i think hes going to the browns with their 2nd pick pending what he does on the combine