There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Terance Cody in the second round?

• TX9R
  • Veteran
You're only making it worse. Trust me, you've got to just stop. People are talking. It's not good.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
cody looks like an ordinary fat ass dude who you would see walking into mcdonalds 1 day. weight issues will be a problem for him in the nfl. i dont want him unless hes there 3rd and beyond. just look at him on the field and tell me he doesnt look ridiculously fat.

He just anchored the national champion D-line as an unmovable force!

Not to mention the fact that NFL contracts have money tide to weight issues and NFL coaches (especially sing) won't play with him in regards to his conditioning! So wieght aside, would you take him in the late first or second round?

And came off the field on 3rd down and played about 3 snaps in the entire second half because he's a waste against the pass. In a pass first league how much value does a guy like that have? Playing in the passing-challenged SEC covers his weakness quite a bit.

Franklin and Sopoaga come of the field in passing situations yet they are very important to this team. If the team drafted someone like Cody, that player would probably be inactive for most of the season because they would be a waste on the active roster. It would be a back-up plan if the team doesn't like Franklin long-term or he goes down with an injury though. If the team does pick someone like Cody early in the draft then we can expect Franklin to get tagged again next offseason then let go the next.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Would you be mad if we selected Mount Cody in the second round? I think he will be a top 15 pick. Look at what the packers did one pick ahead of us last year when they took the big nose gaurd from Boston College. I think Mount Cody is even better than him!

Say he falls to us at either 16/17 or second round and we already have a RT, would you be against selecting a 2 down player at that point in the 1st or second round of the draft?

your thoughts?

Disagree that he is a top 15 talent and he is not better than Raji. Raji is/was more versatile and a 3 down player. Cody has proven to be but a 2 down player with weight issues and tends to fade late in games.

I wouldn't touch Cody in the top 20, maybe even 25. In the 2nd I'd be game.

if our defense trully calls for the NT to eat up two blockers, can you think of a better guy? I see him as a true NT! Not to mention he would be able to spell Franklin at times as well as learn from him. would a second be to much to pay for that? I would hate for him to end up with the Cowboys or New England.

Wouldn't be a bad pickup in the 2nd round
This fat slob only plays 2 downs. He's too fat and slob-like.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
If Pittsburgh loses Hampton in Free agency like I assume they will. He'll go to the Steelers at 19!
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
If Pittsburgh loses Hampton in Free agency like I assume they will. He'll go to the Steelers at 19!

You think? I don't know that teams will break the bank for Hampton. Either way Hampton had a similar rep coming out of Texas. If Cody went there I wuold be more of a believer, some situations just always pan out.
Cody reminds me of Kris Jenkins. Both can be dominant, but wear out as the game goes on. If a team's going to take Cody as a NT, that team better have legit backup to rotate.

[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Jan 13, 2010 at 14:15:42 ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:

You think? I don't know that teams will break the bank for Hampton. Either way Hampton had a similar rep coming out of Texas. If Cody went there I wuold be more of a believer, some situations just always pan out.

That's kind of my point. Hampton's not what he once was. Pittsburgh usually resigns their players heading into their last season o doing the season if they want to retain them. They very rarely let them hit free agency if they want them back. Hampton didn't get resigned.

I see them targeting Cody, Patrick Robinson or OL help in the 1st round. Depending on what they do in FA.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
cody looks like an ordinary fat ass dude who you would see walking into mcdonalds 1 day. weight issues will be a problem for him in the nfl. i dont want him unless hes there 3rd and beyond. just look at him on the field and tell me he doesnt look ridiculously fat.

He just anchored the national champion D-line as an unmovable force!

Not to mention the fact that NFL contracts have money tide to weight issues and NFL coaches (especially sing) won't play with him in regards to his conditioning! So wieght aside, would you take him in the late first or second round?

And came off the field on 3rd down and played about 3 snaps in the entire second half because he's a waste against the pass. In a pass first league how much value does a guy like that have? Playing in the passing-challenged SEC covers his weakness quite a bit.

We are already really good against the run, you add Cody and we may be great against the run. In the NFL if a team becomes predictable you are a step ahead. Not to mention teams would no longer be able to double team Cody, J. Smith, and Soap. Cody is also good at batting down balls as well as blocking FG's.

you guys football is so easy to understand if we would pay close attention to the teams that win. look at the nyj right now they have a quaterback right now who might be just as worst as alex smith is, but they are going to the second round of the playoffs. I ask you why is that? Well because they play a stout and attacking defense and they have an power running game with two headed running attack. This is what we need if we are going to hell bent on keeping alex smith.
  • TheNatureBoy
  • Info N/A
You're only making it worse. Trust me, you've got to just stop. People are talking. It's not good.

They are talking and they're saying your still mad about the loss. Get over it dude Cody would make a great addition to this team....RTR
  • cw9er
  • Info N/A
Would love to get Cody in the second round. Franklin had one good year but is getting a little old. Cody is a legit 2 gap NT, just think how good Willis could be with this fatty in front of him. Visions of Gilbert brown in my head. Anyway I doubt he makes it out of the first, although I did'nt think Alan Branch would last till the second round a couple years ago.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Would you be mad if we selected Mount Cody in the second round? I think he will be a top 15 pick. Look at what the packers did one pick ahead of us last year when they took the big nose gaurd from Boston College. I think Mount Cody is even better than him!

Say he falls to us at either 16/17 or second round and we already have a RT, would you be against selecting a 2 down player at that point in the 1st or second round of the draft?

your thoughts?

Disagree that he is a top 15 talent and he is not better than Raji. Raji is/was more versatile and a 3 down player. Cody has proven to be but a 2 down player with weight issues and tends to fade late in games.

I wouldn't touch Cody in the top 20, maybe even 25. In the 2nd I'd be game.

Yeah I loved him early on but I've watched more film of him and I don't really like him at all. 2nd I would be game though.
Do we really need Cody?

I think we need to address SS, nickel CB, and pass rush OLB/DE before we need another run stuffer. We already have two in Sopoaga and Franklin and they're both pretty good at what they do.
I think we will know a lot more about mount cody after the combine. I think he will be a top 10 pick and way out of reach for us to even consider. What he has (size & powerwise) you just can't teach!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
If Cody makes it to the second round, teams like Det, Stl, and Tampa won't pass up the opportunity to get a guy that can clog the middle.