LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 396 users in the forums

McClain declares

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4816604
  • Elric
  • Veteran
Great another piece to the puzzle.
I hope we draft Mc Clain.
I also hope with the first pick we take an OT.
It would be nice if we could draft Cody in the second if not
Weather spoon.
damn as a 49er and 'Bama fan i was hoping within the last two days that he would've stayed simpley cause the 49ers have no chance in hell to get him now. and I hate admit it that i don't want Coach Suit to get him.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
damn as a 49er and 'Bama fan i was hoping within the last two days that he would've stayed simpley cause the 49ers have no chance in hell to get him now. and I hate admit it that i don't want Coach Suit to get him.

That must of been painful
This is great news! Not for the possibility of us drafting him but it means he pushes other great players further down to us!
He's a terrific player. I wish him the best of luck on another team.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
He's a terrific player. I wish him the best of luck on another team.

this
Originally posted by jreff22:

That must of been painful

• obx49
  • Veteran
So are all of you projecting him to be drafted in the top 10? I saw him play in the National Championship game and I came away thinking that the kid was really impressive (reminded me a little of Patrick Willis with his intensity.) Never thought he was a top 10 pick in the this year's draft, then again I am not a scout either.
Originally posted by obx49:
So are all of you projecting him to be drafted in the top 10? I saw him play in the National Championship game and I came away thinking that the kid was really impressive (reminded me a little of Patrick Willis with his intensity.) Never thought he was a top 10 pick in the this year's draft, then again I am not a scout either.

He could go as high as 5 to Chiefs or 7 to Browns from what I have seen.

Yes! This is nothing but good news. The way I see it, between McClain entering the draft and the Raiders picking ahead of us we've moved up at least 2 places....lol

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jan 11, 2010 at 15:38:03 ]
Originally posted by obx49:

i can see him anywhere from Oakland, Denver or NYG taking him if available.

All 3 could use a dynamic ILB like McClain.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Yes! This is nothing but good news. The way I see it, between McClain entering the draft and the Raiders picking ahead of us we've moved up at least 2 places....lol

lol foreal. i hope we end up with McClain and CJ Spiller. the top tackles should be gone when we draft so i hope we take firepower in the first round and an OT in the 2nd, unless we sign one in FA
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
This is great news! Not for the possibility of us drafting him but it means he pushes other great players further down to us!

Damn right . . .

But you think next year we would have a chance?

I'd rather more players come out that could go before our pick at positions we don't need as much.
Share 49ersWebzone