LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 319 users in the forums

Anthony Davis falling to #13?

Originally posted by GoFD74:
^^ IMO, Graham would be a huge reach at #17 overall. If I had to guess, I'd say that Scotty and Singletary are pretty happy with Brooks, Parys and Manny as the main pass rushers. If somehow Derrick Morgan (who has yet to declare, btw) fell to #17, I think they'd have to take him...but I don't see Morgan falling that far.

I see them addressing OL, DB and kr/pr before they address the pass rush, so they might look at someone like George Selvie, Jermaine Cunningham, Antonio Coleman, Brandon Lang or even Brandon Sharpe in the mid-later rounds.

I would feel very meh if we did take Graham at #17 although I do like the guy. However I don't see Morgan making an easy transition to 3-4 OLB. He's a good pass rusher but I think he's one of those guys who needs to go to a 4-3 team and play DE to get the best of his skill sets.

I still like my boy Jerry Hughes the best ;) altho I would prefer a trade down from that 17th pick and hope we can grab him lower while picking up an extra second.
Could Anthony Davis' stock be dropping?

Quote:
A few offensive line coaches showed up to Rutgers' Pro Day Wednesday, hoping to watch tackle Anthony Davis work out.

According to Mike Mayock on NFL Network, Davis didn't show up because of a hamstring injury that wasn't fully communicated to teams. Feeling sick, Davis wasn't even at the school. (Hmm.)

Mayock reports that coaches then needed to call Davis to come in to meet them. When he arrived, he wouldn't weigh in. (Hmm.)

Davis is a first-round pick, but there have been some concerns raised previously about his weight fluctuations and maturity. Wednesday's adventures can't help his case.

yeah I'm not sure about him
Davis is going to fall like a rock.

The guy comes off as being very wishy-washy and not showing up for your Pro Day and not letting anyone know you weren't going to show up... can you say 2nd Round?
Maybe the Bengals will trade up to get him.
If only he'd run a really fast 40, he'd be perfect for the Raiders....
I want nothing to do with this kid.
Meh. Last year at this time we were having similar conversations about Andre Smith and he "fell" all the way to #6 overall. I still think there is a team out there that will draft him in the first. They'll just make sure to add a few more clauses to the contract.
i wouldnt mind him i think he and trent williams will make the best RT in the draft still hoping for Bulaga tho hes my fav OT in this draft class
He obviously went to the Andre Smith School of Pre-Draft Impressions. However, there are always teams like the Bengals and Raiders who throw away draft choices on a regular basis.

I think the lesson has been learned from Davis, and he will fall at least to number 14.

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
No doubt Redskins and Bills take tackles if Bradford / Clausen arent there..
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Davis might be available at #17 now.
There's a very good chance only Campbell and/or Brown are available by the 13th pick. Neither are ready to start in the NFL and more than likely McClaughan will pass and just take the BPA. Iupati would be the consolation pick at 17 if the top four offensive tackles were gone.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
He obviously went to the Andre Smith School of Pre-Draft Impressions. However, there are always teams like the Bengals and Raiders who throw away draft choices on a regular basis.

I think the lesson has been learned from Davis, and he will fall at least to number 14.

Didn't the Bengals end up moving Andre Smith to guard? Not a good sign...
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by GoFD74:
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
I think there is a good chance Davis will be the first tackle taken of the board

Not Okung?

He's not the only one (not me tho). I've seen Davis go as high as #2 in a mock. McShay also says Davis has the higher ceiling and may go higher than Okung.

But Davis has been REALLY inconsistent this year and his weight scares a lot of people. As good of a run-blocker as he is (and he's awesome), I'm also not sure he's all that special in terms of pass-protection (and that's where the big money is made).

Agreed. I'm just saying a lot of scouts and draft "experts" view him as high or maybe higher than Okung.

From a pure potential standpoint, I hear what you're seeing. I just think as Davis goes under the microscope/scrutiny of the draft process (like Okung has), people will see his deficiencies and rank him more appropriately.

I guess these things all balance out. I was right about Davis and wrong about Graham being a reach at #17 (posted this earlier in the thread).
Share 49ersWebzone