26. Green Bay- OT Bryan Bulaga, Iowa
27. Philadelphia- CB Patrick Robinson, Florida State
28. Dallas- DE Brandon Graham, Michigan
29. Minensota- DT Brian Price, UCLA
30. San Diego- OLB Jerry Hughes, TCU
31. New Orleans- OLB Sergio Kindle, Texas
32. Indianapolis- DT Jared Odrick, Penn State
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Jan 5, 2010 at 11:21 AM ]
I think I would rather have Iupati over Jerry Hughes. While Hughes would improve our defense, he would not make much of an improvement for another year or two. I think Iupati would make a bigger difference in our offense and be able to come in and start right away and be an anchor on our line for years to come.
I would love to get the second best OT in the draft at #13. Don't know if it will happen, but I would love it if it did. Good mock.
[ Edited by Superbowl09 on Jan 5, 2010 at 4:45 AM ]
OLB in the 1st round? No way
What about CB Haden not in the 1st round
Not to try and hate, but I don't see most of this stuff going down..
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

I was thinking the samething. I think the Skins are gonna take Sam Bradford instead of Clausen if they go QB. If they had any common sense they would draft an o linemen, and I think it's a strong possibility that they will. so the skins pick is really hard to figure out.

I wouldn't be mad at these picks though, i'd take Haden over Hughes and go pass rusher in the 2nd round or OG. Depends on FA b/c I believe the Niners will get a solid o lineman.
I wouldnt expect Cleveland to land another speed HB since Jerome Harrison showed he was more then capable and is a speedster himself. Look for them to get a Geiheart in the later rounds someone who can get shortyardage ala Lewis. They're need at RB is less then any other position other then KR. They've not got the team for a luxury pick like Spiller.
The only way that Detroit doesn't take Okung or another OT is if the Rams don't draft Suh. Improving the OL in front of Stafford is a must for Detroit.

I don't like the Hughes selection with our 1B selection. I watched the Fiesta Bowl last night and wasn't impressed with Hughes. He didn't play badly, but he certainly didn't put on a display worthy of the 16th pick.

I would prefer to go with Iupati, Haden or Graham in this scenario, since they were still on the board.

Good point, Haden will definitely go in the top 15.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Good point, Haden will definitely go in the top 15.

Hopefully to us

Originally posted by lamontb:

I was thinking the samething. I think the Skins are gonna take Sam Bradford instead of Clausen if they go QB. If they had any common sense they would draft an o linemen, and I think it's a strong possibility that they will. so the skins pick is really hard to figure out.

I wouldn't be mad at these picks though, i'd take Haden over Hughes and go pass rusher in the 2nd round or OG. Depends on FA b/c I believe the Niners will get a solid o lineman.

Haden definitely will go top15, prolly top10.

Clausen might happen if shanahan is in wash just cuz of his experience with weis' system.
Originally posted by 9erHIGH:
Originally posted by lamontb:

Haden definitely will go top15, prolly top10.

Clausen might happen if shanahan is in wash just cuz of his experience with weis' system.

I think Clausen is the better qb, but I thought I heard something about Shanahan being somehow linked to Bradford. I live out here in DC so the talk is all over the place. Fans consensus is that they need o lineman but there brain trust always goes for the big fish and to make a splash. Plus Shanny took Cutler, and gambled on Maurice Clarett so I wouldn't put it past them to take a qb. But if you look at there o line it's a complete and utter disaster. It's like 3 times worse than the niners.
Anthony Davis/Joe Haden and Mike Iupati should be our first round selections.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Anthony Davis/Joe Haden and Mike Iupati should be our first round selections.
  • tmg808
  • Info N/A
I really liked your Mock Draft but there are somethings I noticed that i would revise.

I really see Tampa Bay getting Okung before Berry. I can see Berry going to KC. Tampa had 2 QB get hurt this season and neither of there top RB averaged 4.0 a carry. KC has a terrible secondary.

Buffalo
has a practice squad player playing LT right now. And they coud not stop the run at all. I think they have bigger problems than WR if they were going to get help in the passing game I'd like to see a TE but Gresham was the only TE worth that high of a pick and he's coming off injury.

Raiders
Who knows... But they need help on the offensive line, There line was terrible this year, they couldn't run behind them and they gave up 50 sacks with a very low amount of pass attempts.

Browns
I wouldn't go with Spiller. They have a young RB that carried them to 4-0 at the end of the season. Cribbs is there return man so I don't see why they would even look at Spiller.

Miami-
Had a great pass rush this year but no inside linebacker. There top two tacklers where safeties in a 3-4 defense. I can see them going ILB before DE. They also need a WR because Ginn isn't more than a return man.

Denver
I think they like there inside linebackers, there D-Line was the problem with them stopping the run.

Pittsburgh
They had nobody that was rushing the passer. They need another player who can get to the QB. It looks like there are some pass rushers available on your board when they pick
Share 49ersWebzone