LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Call me Crazy-First 17 v 2.0

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I would've taken Joe Haden over Trent Williams.

Would you rather have Haden and sit Clements....or Williams and sit Snyder?

I'd rather have the best cover corner in this draft to help with our secondary overall, take Iupati with our second 1st rounder, and draft a RT like Jason Fox in the 2nd.

You're speculating on 2 points:
1) That Iupati will still be available and can actually play RT, drafting Iupati that high for OG is a reach
2) That Fox is available in the 2nd

After watching Snyder get destroyed all day on Sunday I have come to the same conclusion as MD, we NEED a RT now!

Mike Iupati, G, Idaho. There is a lot of intrigue about him. He is no doubt an elite prospect who will be a first-round pick because of his size, strength, aggressiveness and athleticism. NFL personnel men want to see his athleticism in person to figure out if he can play tackle in the NFL. Nearly every scout who has evaluated Iupati on film says he has the footwork and athleticism to be an NFL left tackle. If he shines in the bowl game and during Senior Bowl drills, he could challenge Oklahoma State's Russell Okung and Oklahoma's Trent Williams to be the first offensive lineman drafted.

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2009-12-29/bowl-draft-prospects-ross-iupati-strive-join-suh-first-round

From a previous post I wrote in this thread:
At this point Williams makes the best candidate for ROT. Iupati is in the group as well but I need to see him in the Senior Bowl and Combine before he leapfrogs Williams.

I never said Iupati couldn't be an option, I just need to see some things first. Just like Branden Albert who was an OG and was a sure thing at LT coming out....he's struggling at LT and will have to be moved to RT or back to OG. I do know what I'm talking about, at this point Williams makes the most sense...in a month or two my opinion could change.
[ Edited by jreff22 on Jan 4, 2010 at 4:43 PM ]
Originally posted by JD81:
Any mock that has us taking CJ Spiller makes me happy....

I'd rather have the best cover corner in this draft to help with our secondary overall, take Iupati with our second 1st rounder, and draft a RT like Jason Fox in the 2nd.

1) That Iupati will still be available and can actually play RT, drafting Iupati that high for OG is a reach

After watching Snyder get destroyed all day on Sunday I have come to the same conclusion as MD, we NEED a RT now!

Drafting Iupati with our second 1st is not a reach, especially because he looks like such a sure thing. We've had plenty of trouble with our interior line as well, not just Snyder.

I would argue that most of the season it was a bigger issue than the tackles. Especially when you consider the fact that Gore is a between the tackles type runner.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Drafting Iupati with our second 1st is not a reach, especially because he looks like such a sure thing. We've had plenty of trouble with our interior line as well, not just Snyder.

I would argue that most of the season it was a bigger issue than the tackles. Especially when you consider the fact that Gore is a between the tackles type runner.

I'm assuming you meant to say agree, not argue. To clarify in the mock I will be creating soon I do have us taking an OG, in the 3rd.
Two comments:

1. I don't think Carlos Dunlap gets drafted in the first round, and maybe not 2nd
2. I think Clausen goes ahead of question-mark Bradford
Originally posted by confusedrhino:
Two comments:

1. I don't think Carlos Dunlap gets drafted in the first round, and maybe not 2nd

Did Dunlap rape someone? He's going in the first round unless he gets caught doing some illegal sh*t.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by confusedrhino:
Two comments:

Did Dunlap rape someone? He's going in the first round unless he gets caught doing some illegal sh*t.

Agree, his combine numbers will be very good.
Share 49ersWebzone