LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 325 users in the forums

2 OL in the 1st? OT/OG

Am I just buying into the hype? Or is this a legit chance?

The Niners seem likely to reach for the top RT in the draft at their first pick. Even at 13, it seems like a good chance they land a solid talent.

At #16 or 17, should they just pull the trigger on Iupati? The Niners offense is pretty solid at most skill positions. I don't see them replacing their QB, WR's, TE, C, etc. back up RB could use some talent, but if they get a stellar Oline, the RB will be less important.

Shoring up the RT and LG could make this a very solid Oline (assuming Staley comes back at full strength).

Obviously, the Niners could wait and draft a RT in the middle of the 2nd, but I wouldn't mind seeing them just fix the Oline.
We need to go CJ Spiller with one of those. We need a speedy game breaker.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Never gonna happen, book it!

What good would Spiller do with nobody to block for him? We have an elite RB already who is only 26. Spiller is the sexy pick but not a wise one!
Originally posted by MadMartz:

What good would Spiller do with nobody to block for him? We have an elite RB already who is only 26. Spiller is the sexy pick but not a wise one!

Not at all. Speed on this offense is desperately needed. Other than VD who can take a simple pass and bring it the lenght of the field to the house? We need more explosiveness on this offense. We were ranked 29th. This is a poor offense overall.

We can get one Guard or Tackle in FA. Then we draft one Guard or Tackle in the draft. We still have one 1st rounder remaining. CJ Spiller or Dez Bryant would be great. Josh Morgan is a #3. He doesn't belong out there. Dez Bryant and Crabtree with VD would be amazing out there. Look at the Saints or Vikings for example. They have multiple receivers and weapons. They don't just have one.
  • rob28
  • Veteran

• rob28
  • Veteran

he ain't getting out the top ten anyway just like berry. I would love both but unless we trade up(not happening) they won't be available when we pick.

Not at all. Speed on this offense is desperately needed. Other than VD who can take a simple pass and bring it the lenght of the field to the house? We need more explosiveness on this offense. We were ranked 29th. This is a poor offense overall.

We can get one Guard or Tackle in FA. Then we draft one Guard or Tackle in the draft. We still have one 1st rounder remaining. CJ Spiller or Dez Bryant would be great. Josh Morgan is a #3. He doesn't belong out there. Dez Bryant and Crabtree with VD would be amazing out there. Look at the Saints or Vikings for example. They have multiple receivers and weapons. They don't just have one.

The Saints have one of the best Olines in the game. And one of the big reasons that the Vikings struggled this year was because their Oline played poorly at times.
At first that was the game plan, but there are gonna be a lot of FA Guards/Tackles who are proven players, and might even come cheaper. We could spend the draft pick on a QB, or another pass rusher, or another RB, unless there's a can't miss Guard/Tackle sitting there.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I agree McClueless would never draft him.
Originally posted by rob28:

he ain't getting out the top ten anyway just like berry. I would love both but unless we trade up(not happening) they won't be available when we pick.

So trade up and get him. Look at the impact of Chris Johnson. Now imagine that impact with VD, Crabtree and Gore? Even a poor mans Chris Johnson would be worth it. It depends how he runs. That will determine where he goes. He won't run 4.24 like Chris Johnson. If he does he is certainly gone before we pick.

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
At first that was the game plan, but there are gonna be a lot of FA Guards/Tackles who are proven players, and might even come cheaper. We could spend the draft pick on a QB, or another pass rusher, or another RB, unless there's a can't miss Guard/Tackle sitting there.

I'm afraid that without a new CBA, there wont be that many FA's this off-season. And if that happens, supply and demand is going to make the price of those FA's skyrocket.

But back to the original question. Is there going to be a RT worth drafting at 13? And is Iupati worth draft at 16/17?

Speed isnt everything, look at DHB or our own Jason Hill who owns the 7th fastest time ever at the combine. We have Frank Gore and we drafted a RB in the 3rd last year.

Its never going to happen, Never!
Um, what about taking a RT and a LG in the first round?
Originally posted by Butter:
Um, what about taking a RT and a LG in the first round?

I like it, I wouldnt mind Trent Williams and Lupati in the first. Stayley, Lupati, Chilo, and Williams. Thats a sick looking future.

i agree, but im not sure mcloughan sees it that way....he has gone on reocrd saying he doesnt like smaller scatback types (though he cant be too impressed with coffee's 2.7 yard avg)

still mcloughan has also said you can get receivers in rd 3 (yet he took crabtree) and that guards arent worth big $ (yet he took rachal in rd 2) so spiller could be best player on niners board when they pick, and if so I suspect mcloughan takes him
Share 49ersWebzone