LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

The Jordan Shipley Movement

• bdyer49
  • Info N/A
I live out here in Austin Texas,
I think Jordan shipley would be the Burner that we need on special teams as well as a Wes Welker type receicer but faster . I think we should scoop him up in the secound round after taking a tackle and Safety/CB. The dude is a Hardworker, and if it wasn't for all the uneccesary hype on Colt McCoy and Ut's mild collapse at then end of the season he very well could have been in the Heisman conversation. Crabtree, Morgan, Shipley, Davis and Gore. Wow.......Alex Smith would have no excuses with a lineup like this.
  • cgida
  • Veteran
Wrong Forum
I'm a big fan but not sure if we pull the trigger on a WR in the 2nd.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
If we do indeed go OT in the 1st and don't draft Bryant, Tate or Gilyard. Shipley is exactly who I want in the 2nd round.
Would be great if we could get him in 3rd round.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
He fills several needs, but I'd be surprised if we take another WR that high. I'm surprised he's risen so much from the start of the season. I think Arenas is a higher probabilty, esp if we don't get Hadne in the first, which is looking likely since our pick won't be high enough.
Shipley works for me...and if you believe Singletary, special teamers are a high priority this off-season. Shipley would add excellent depth to an already good WR corps, and would solidify the punt return situation.
Originally posted by krizay:
If we do indeed go OT in the 1st and don't draft Bryant, Tate or Gilyard. Shipley is exactly who I want in the 2nd round.
Gilyard is not going first round. He isn't even gonna make second round. Bryant, Williams, Benn, Tate, LaFell, Shipley and Decker are all honing before him. We will take Gilyard in third round. Although I love Shipley, I would not spend a second rounder on a reciever (we have too many other needs). That's why we take Gilyard in the third, because he has more value as a return man (though less as a reciever).
He may seem fast in college, but I have my doubts. Let's see how he times at the combine.
Originally posted by GoldenGateFan:
Originally posted by krizay:
Gilyard is not going first round. He isn't even gonna make second round. Bryant, Williams, Benn, Tate, LaFell, Shipley and Decker are all honing before him. We will take Gilyard in third round. Although I love Shipley, I would not spend a second rounder on a reciever (we have too many other needs). That's why we take Gilyard in the third, because he has more value as a return man (though less as a reciever).

How can u say he has less value as a receiver, he was dymanic in college.

Gilyard is a 1st rd talent, but liklely a 2nd rd pick.

• mod
  • Veteran
Whats his speed... watching youtube film of him he appears quick but does he have that sprinter speed that we need? If he broke free on a KR would he get tackled from behind in the NFL?
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Whats his speed... watching youtube film of him he appears quick but does he have that sprinter speed that we need? If he broke free on a KR would he get tackled from behind in the NFL?

he is projected at 4.45 speed. we will just have to wait for the combine.
He's a good WR but he's nothing like Wes Welker, Wes is small and slippery, Shipley is a big WR with pretty good speed.

I would take him, but I disagree where you say he is the burner, I bet Crabtree is faster than him.
Jordan Shipley: this guy would fill multiple roles in our offense. KR, PR, and 3rd down/slot/possesion receiver. Id consider taking him with our second 1st rounder and definitely the 2nd round pick. Watch him Thursday and you get to see why.
I like Shipley but my guy is Gilliard from UC. He is amazing at KR/PR and would tear it up in the slot.
Share 49ersWebzone