There are 191 users in the forums

Best punt returner in the draft?

I agree Dez rocks, I'd love to have him as a returner and putting him , crabtree , and Morgan on the field would make our receiving core the very best in the league . Better then Philly and the Colts. Now that doesnt mean our QB will execute as well as theirs does.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by filthydogma:
Dez Bryant might be the most dynamic player in the draft he is by far the best reciever and most nfl ready player on the board at any time that includes him bieng better than Clausen. He has break away speed coupled with great hands I might go as far as to say he is as good or better than Crabtree.

crabtree and bryant would be the new scary duo in the NFC West that the cards held. Crabtree takes the fitz's spot with great hands and amazing catches while bryant is boldin like, breaking tackles and taking it to the house. but, ....... i doubt it would happen

We would have a lethal offense with Crab and Bryant on the outsides, VD in the middle, if we take an OL and then sign a blue chip guard in FA. My only question is where does the speed come from? IIRC Bryant runs a 4.5 or a 4.6, and he's a bigger WR at 6'3''. He runs angry and all which is great, he's going to be good, but I'm not sure if he's the stretch the field guy we need. I might rather spend a later pick on a guy like Damian Williams or a 4th or 5th on a guy like Emmanuel Sanders, use the 2 firsts on a FS/CB and an OT.

I think dez is faster then what you post. If he gets invited to the combine expect 4.40 to 4.6 area. But regardless I think with the extra first round pick we make a splash with a playmaker . weather it be Bryant, Spiller or Best we need someone electric . We'll still be able to address the OT and S positions throughout the 2nd and 3rd round.
So it sounds like most people are saying that Dez Bryant > CJ Spiller as far as returning punts are concerned. Anyone disagree?

Concerning Bryant at the WR position, I think he is going to be a good WR, but he is just like the two big WRs we already have in Crabtree and Morgan; good, big bodied WR's but that cannot really stretch the defense deep (as dogma has already pointed out). Again, I think he will be a good WR, but would our offense benifit more from a speedy deep threat WR like Jacoby Ford?
[ Edited by Superbowl09 on Dec 28, 2009 at 5:51 AM ]
Bryant would be a huge upgrade in the punt return game. He's not better than crabtree though, he's faster, but he's been shut down multiple times. Check out his stats on the road or vs ranked teams. They are pathetic. When he played vs texas tech he got hit in the mouth a couple times and gave up on his team. He did the same thing vs texas. He needed another year in college because he's not tough enough.
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Bryant would be a huge upgrade in the punt return game. He's not better than crabtree though, he's faster, but he's been shut down multiple times. Check out his stats on the road or vs ranked teams. They are pathetic. When he played vs texas tech he got hit in the mouth a couple times and gave up on his team. He did the same thing vs texas. He needed another year in college because he's not tough enough.

i would say their close in talent.
Share 49ersWebzone