There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Heres the twist!

Inlight of the recent developments I feel the draft may be taking a different route for a couple of picks ahead of us. First off with the loss of Kevin Smith for Detroit they make think a back like Spiller is starting to look pretty good. With Smith's injury he may not be back till mid season and what if it is longer? In any event it should change there draft at some point and pick a running back. The other team is the Raiders with the statement they are making by playing Frye over Russell Will they take another qb? Maybe a Mc Coy or Bradford or Clauson. I truely believe these two events will change the draft. Mabey some trades or mabey a player will fall in our laps like last year.
I doubt Detroit will draft a RB when they are a developing passing team. They need to shore up the OT positions since they invested in a lot of money on Stafford last year.

It wouldn't surprise me if they go OT with either Russell Okung or Trent Williams.
Another thing about the Raiders drafting a QB:

They will be gun shy about drafting another QB in the 1st round. Al Davis rarely picks a QB in the first round and I doubt that he will do that again. He'll probably get a combine freak like Taylor Mays or Carlos Dunlap.
So who do you suggest will be running the rock in detroit and throwing the bean in oakland in 2010?
I PRAY the Raiders reach for Colt McCoy in the top 10. I hope he runs a 4.2 40 at the combine... Al Davis couldn't help himself.
I'm sorry did you just say you think the Lions who will be picking top 4 will draft CJ Spiller?

Originally posted by Izyniner:
So who do you suggest will be running the rock in detroit and throwing the bean in oakland in 2010?

Detroit really likes Kevin Smith, and for good reason. I've had him on my fantasy team both years, and so watched a lot of him, and while he may run too upright, he definitely has skills. If for some reason he has to miss the start of the season (a long ways away), Aaron Brown has also shown glimpses of brilliance. Brown is explosive and while he may not be an ideal every down back, he can certainly fill in for a couple of weeks.

As far as the raiders go, yea, they might consider another QB this year.

[ Edited by mug0mug on Dec 18, 2009 at 19:32:51 ]
I think Lions have too much $$$ invested in their QB not to take the best LTackle available. Many people on this site and other draft sites say this is not a deep or high quality OT draft. So, I feel they won't wait until the 2nd round to get a second rate OT but do so in the 1st.

Then again, I can believe anything w/ Crabtree fallin to us last year.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
I doubt Detroit will draft a RB when they are a developing passing team. They need to shore up the OT positions since they invested in a lot of money on Stafford last year.

It wouldn't surprise me if they go OT with either Russell Okung or Trent Williams.

Okung.. they have to protect their 50 Million Dollar QB.
no i agree many lions fan and the owner and GM of the lions say they dont need an OT many of the fans are taking GErald Mccoy the raiders can go any position but im pretty sure we can rule out OT (maybe bruce cambell) but i think he is going to end up taking mays or morgan
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home