As of right now, here is the likelihood of the Niners' highest draft pick (let's just say it is in the projected 7-10th overall pick), in my opinion:
1) T. Williams- 40% chance (likely will be the second OT drafted, and would be a solid fit at RT for the team)
2) A. Davis- 15% chance (has not declared to this point, but will be a player under serious consideration if he does come out and work out well, which I expect)
3) R. Okung- 15% chance (is likely the top OT in the draft, but the top LT rarely drops below the top handful of picks).
4) E. Berry- 8% chance (simply not very likely, but could slide on draft day due to team needs).
5) J. Haden- 7% chance (the Niners have bigger pressing needs, but if he runs like the wind, and the team has plans to dump Clements this offseason, then he becomes a legitimate target).
6) D. Morgan- 5% chance (appears to be the favorite to be the star pass rusher of the draft. Seems to be a perfect fit for a 4-3 team, but stranger things have happened).
7) The field- 10% chance (I really cannot image many other players contending for the Niners' attention in the draft; there is the outside chance the team could look at QB if Smith tanks the last few games; or a player explodes onto the scene, like a Ricky Sapp; or the team cannot pass up on Dez Bryant; however, all of these scenarios just seem unlikely)
I simply think the smart money is clearly on Williams right now.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Dec 17, 2009 at 14:35:24 ]