LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 150 users in the forums

Mcshay mock draft

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
haden and spiller and i'll be happy

YES.

We can easily draft an OT in the 2nd or 3rd Rounds.

Don't forget though, if we lose Franklin, DT becomes our #1 Priority.
Originally posted by KknighthawkK_9er:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
haden and spiller and i'll be happy

YES.

We can easily draft an OT in the 2nd or 3rd Rounds.

Don't forget though, if we lose Franklin, DT becomes our #1 Priority.

The Niners desperately need a franchise OT. It's hard, and rare, to find them in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Spiller is not worth the pick, because the Niners have a great starting RB and can pick up a returner in the later rounds.
he just gave his top 7 on espn

All D players except Okung (to KC) and Bradford (to the skins)

1) Suh - rams
2) Berry - bucs
3) Derrick Morgan - browns
4) Mccoy (DT) - Lions
5) Okung - KC
6) Dunlap - Raiders
7) Bradford - Skins

Interesting.....

[ Edited by ads_2006 on Dec 16, 2009 at 14:50:56 ]
Kindle, no, Hayden, maybe
lol a Linebacker with our pick? absolutely not.
No way we pick Kindle 11th. First of all, the pick is going to be more like 6th to 8th. Carolina could easily end up with 11 losses. They're 5 - 8 and their last three games are Minn., NYG, and NO. We're going to get either a killer OLineman like Okung or Bulaga or a big-time playmaker like Berry or Spiller with that pick. Best player available picking that high (especially if it's a Tackle).
Originally posted by ads_2006:

1) Suh - rams
2) Berry - bucs
4) Mccoy - Lions
5) Okung - KC
6) Dunlap - Raiders
7) Bradford - Skins

Interesting.....

When I first glanced at this, I thought he had lost his mind. I thought he was projecting Colt McCoy to the Lions, not Gerald.

That's pretty high for Morgan. I've seen him projected in the 2nd round, within the last month.
why not pick up the pouncey twins from florida i heard they might come out an enter the darft this year. they are great on the oline.
  • jaghetersofie
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
No OL???
Originally posted by jaghetersofie:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
No OL???

I think its imperative that we get either Okung, Williams, or Bulaga. Okung and Williams will be gone. Get Haden with the first pick and Bulaga with the second. Pass rusher in the 2nd round, then BPA although be sure to get a guard and a return guy somewhere down the line.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by ads_2006:

1) Suh - rams
2) Berry - bucs
4) Mccoy - Lions
5) Okung - KC
6) Dunlap - Raiders
7) Bradford - Skins

Interesting.....

When I first glanced at this, I thought he had lost his mind. I thought he was projecting Colt McCoy to the Lions, not Gerald.

That's pretty high for Morgan. I've seen him projected in the 2nd round, within the last month.

Remember, sometimes analysts will throw in a goofy pick or two in this mocks in order to obtain hits and force discussion - in essence to get more attention to their work.

If the pick is correct (or near), they'll look like a genius. If not, its "no harm, no foul".
I know Berry is really good, but does anybody think he's going 2nd overall? He'll automatically be the highest paid safety. That's a lot of money for a position that's not d tackle, pass rusher, qb, or o-line. Let's remember the Bucs are also a very frugal franchise these days as their owners are having some money problems. I wouldn't be surprised if they traded down.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JDeezy:
I know Berry is really good, but does anybody think he's going 2nd overall? He'll automatically be the highest paid safety. That's a lot of money for a position that's not d tackle, pass rusher, qb, or o-line. Let's remember the Bucs are also a very frugal franchise these days as their owners are having some money problems. I wouldn't be surprised if they traded down.

It's possible they could trade down, but if you have an opportunity to take a player that has all the intangibles, track record of success, and mindset to succeed and potentially dominate at the NFL level - you do it.
We are gonna have a great chance to pick a playmaker & an o-lineman in the 1st round! I would like CJ Spiller & Anthony Davis!
Originally posted by tohara3:
We are gonna have a great chance to pick a playmaker & an o-lineman in the 1st round! I would like CJ Spiller & Anthony Davis!

OT (Williams, Beluga, Campbell or Davis)

and

CB Haden
Share 49ersWebzone