LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

Mcshay mock draft

• dj43
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Zero chance the Niners do not draft an OT in the first round. Any mock that does not have an OT needs to be immediately trashed.

This is a lock of all locks. The Niners will draft an OT with one of their picks, more than likely the first one.

There is no question that there is a need at ROT. Now the great question is how will BPA fit the bill and do they think they can get a RPT later in the draft. Is it possible that Pashos can fit the bill, in their minds, and open the door for a later pick? Will they draft a pass rusher or go with Lawson, Harolson, Brooks?

I think the experiment with FA vets has ended. We've gone through the revolving door of Jennings, M. Smith, Pashos, Sims. Our former linemen, Harris and Snyder did not work out.

The team almost bit on Oher, and he would be the starter at OT right now if Crabtree was not on the board at 10. Oher was next on the Niners' board.
Even with Sims being the unexpected surprise he has been since Staley was injured, I agree the 49ers WILL pick OL with the first pick. No chances will be taken.

After that it is BPA among CB or safety.

I reserve the right to add a pass rushing OLB if the Brooks/Lawson/Haralson triumvirate turns out to be a flash in the pan.

One good pass rusher makes four DBs look almost like Pro Bowl players.
Originally posted by dj43:
Zero chance the Niners do not draft an OT in the first round. Any mock that does not have an OT needs to be immediately trashed.

This is a lock of all locks. The Niners will draft an OT with one of their picks, more than likely the first one.

There is no question that there is a need at ROT. Now the great question is how will BPA fit the bill and do they think they can get a RPT later in the draft. Is it possible that Pashos can fit the bill, in their minds, and open the door for a later pick? Will they draft a pass rusher or go with Lawson, Harolson, Brooks?

I think the experiment with FA vets has ended. We've gone through the revolving door of Jennings, M. Smith, Pashos, Sims. Our former linemen, Harris and Snyder did not work out.

The team almost bit on Oher, and he would be the starter at OT right now if Crabtree was not on the board at 10. Oher was next on the Niners' board.
Even with Sims being the unexpected surprise he has been since Staley was injured, I agree the 49ers WILL pick OL with the first pick. No chances will be taken.

After that it is BPA among CB or safety.

I reserve the right to add a pass rushing OLB if the Brooks/Lawson/Haralson triumvirate turns out to be a flash in the pan.

One good pass rusher makes four DBs look almost like Pro Bowl players.

Though I don't think they should just automatically take a OL with the first of the two 1st rounders, I have a feeling they will. My preference would be to take a playmaker of some sort with the first one (Spiller would be my choice), then go OL if you have to.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
haden and spiller and i'll be happy

Me too! Then trade up to get Graham in the second round would be great.
  • zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by drake49er:
11. 49ers: Sergio Kindle OLB-Texas
12. 49ers: Joe Haden CB-Florida

Players still on the board when the niners pick.

Bryan Bulaga OT
Earl Thomas S
Rolando McClain ILB
CJ Spiller RB
Dez Bryant WR

Players to note not projected for the first round.

Jerry Hughes TCU
Brandon Graham Mich
Mike Iupati Idaho

If the draft ended up like this...I would probably take Joe Haden with our first pick and try to trade down for some extra picks to pick up someone like Mike Iupati or CJ Spiller. Personally, I would rather have Hughes or Graham instead of Kindle. There is no doubt that we need OL help but I don't want to reach. If there isn't a player on the board that is good value for us at that pick, We at least need to try to trade down. imo

Who the Hell is Sergio Kindle? Love the Haden pick tho.

Exactly. I don't even remember hearing his name in the Big 12 Championship. I'm sure it was but Suh was just so dominant that it over shadowed any other defensive player.
Sergio Kindle is the Texas outside linebacker who ran his car into an apartment complex at 2 AM in June, got a concussion, and left the scene of the accident because he "needed to go home to go to bed" according to his lawyer.

This year Kindle has 3 sacks while a player in the same conference, Von Miller DE from Texas A &M has 16 sacks. McShay writes in Kindle's scouting report that he would have more sacks if blockers had the courtesy to get out of his way.
Originally posted by 49ersfan80:
Sergio Kindle is the Texas outside linebacker who ran his car into an apartment complex at 2 AM in June, got a concussion, and left the scene of the accident because he "needed to go home to go to bed" according to his lawyer.

This year Kindle has 3 sacks while a player in the same conference, Von Miller DE from Texas A &M has 16 sacks. McShay writes in Kindle's scouting report that he would have more sacks if blockers had the courtesy to get out of his way.

Seriously?
No to Kindle. WIll still be there in second round. His production is down cuz teams were double teaming Orakpo. plus he has no oves, just speed.
Eric Berry and CJ Spiller would be my dream 1st round... but looks like Berry is out of reach.

I wouldn't mind Haden and Spiller.

Curious, how do you know Oher was on the board Niner board next? Not saying you are wrong or anything but I would love to see who was on our board.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We don't need Haden. We have Nate coming back and Spencer is still doing a good job. We need a top flight RT, a corner can wait another year.

Originally posted by mayo63:
We don't need Haden. We have Nate coming back and Spencer is still doing a good job. We need a top flight RT, a corner can wait another year.

i acually agree luxury pick and RT hopefully we can get mcclain or spiller i wouldnt say no to jerry hughes either
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by mayo63:

i acually agree luxury pick and RT hopefully we can get mcclain or spiller i wouldnt say no to jerry hughes either

Haden is a luxury pick. If taking BPA then Haden would definetly be mentioned. Plus Clements will need to restructure his contract soon.
What if Sam Bradford is there when we pick. Do we take him?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:
What if Sam Bradford is there when we pick. Do we take him?

Depends how Smith does these last 3 games.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
No OL???

yeah, there's no way we dont take a offensive lineman in the first round.

If theres not one there for us to pick, and we'll be reaching....I bet we trade down a aquire a few more picks....

We seriously need a RT and G.

We also need a top flight corner.
Share 49ersWebzone