Mcshay mock draft

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by dhp318:
Only 1 WR in the first.......

its not a esp. strong year for top flight wrs

There is 1st round talent at WR besides Bryant.

It's not out of the realm of possibility as it happened 2 years ago.
Either I'm dead wrong about Ducasse not being a day one guy, or McShay is. McShay admits exactly what I said about Vladimir in that he probably won't be able to play tackle. There's no way he goes above Iupati or Asamoah, I'd imagine, so like I said.. the 3rd seems like the high spot for Ducasse, in my opinion.

Honestly, I see the guy making a Jamon Meredith-like fall.

I have to believe that rating McShay gave is purely on potential, because by no means do I see Ducasse as an immediate contributor, especially at tackle.

Same could be said 2 years ago but no WR was taken in the first.
Originally posted by miked1978:

Same could be said 2 years ago but no WR was taken in the first.

Very true but I think that was a VERY rare occurrence for that to happen.
Please no Segio Kindle. We need a guy who produces sacks. I don't care how athletic he is, Vernon Golston was athletic too and look how he turned out. I'd rather have a guy like Brandon Graham and trade back, who we KNOW is a beast. I see that guy beating double teams when I watch Michigan all the time.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I think the year that Santonio Holmes was selected in the first round, he was the only WR selected. It appears teams are reluctant to select WR in the first round - they apparently have a high bust rate.
Zero chance the Niners do not draft an OT in the first round. Any mock that does not have an OT needs to be immediately trashed.

This is a lock of all locks. The Niners will draft an OT with one of their picks, more than likely the first one.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Zero chance the Niners do not draft an OT in the first round. Any mock that does not have an OT needs to be immediately trashed.

This is a lock of all locks. The Niners will draft an OT with one of their picks, more than likely the first one.

I hope you are right. I'd rather draft a OT then sign one if FA.
Kindle doesn't seem that good when I watch him.

There is no question that there is a need at ROT. Now the great question is how will BPA fit the bill and do they think they can get a RPT later in the draft. Is it possible that Pashos can fit the bill, in their minds, and open the door for a later pick? Will they draft a pass rusher or go with Lawson, Harolson, Brooks?

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
No OL???

face palm
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

There is no question that there is a need at ROT. Now the great question is how will BPA fit the bill and do they think they can get a RPT later in the draft. Is it possible that Pashos can fit the bill, in their minds, and open the door for a later pick? Will they draft a pass rusher or go with Lawson, Harolson, Brooks?

I think the experiment with FA vets has ended. We've gone through the revolving door of Jennings, M. Smith, Pashos, Sims. Our former linemen, Harris and Snyder did not work out.

The team almost bit on Oher, and he would be the starter at OT right now if Crabtree was not on the board at 10. Oher was next on the Niners' board.
We need a top flight O-line man niners cant pass it up this year. I like the CB pick joe haden or earl thomas with the second pick our pass defense is terrible this year. i know injuries have killed us, but its time to get younger here and Haden fits that perfectly.
Sergio Kindle is not a quarter of the player Bryan Orakpo is. I would go Joe Haden with the first pick then offensive tackle the second.
The reason McShay has the Niners taking Kindle and not an OT at the position they are at is because there was a run on OT's in the early part of the draft, and the 4th best OT would be available. However, I think the Niners would be better off taking Earl Thomas over Kindle.
Share 49ersWebzone