LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Thanks Alabama for brining us back to our senses

With all of the Hi Tech Spread offenses in College Football, it's great to see The Alabama Crimson Tide do it the sure fire way. Build the biggest and baddest O-Line and "Pound the Rock". Niners need to stop using patch work to build the Offensive Line and invest in some "Road Graders". The Bengals picked up one of these "Bama Boys" and started to commit to the run with quality people and went from worst to first.

http://gsn.gridironsource.com/_2009-ALABAMA-POWER-RUNNING-GAME-FEATURING-MARK-INGRAM/video/859287/32256.html
Actually I fully agree with you. I was gonna post something about how a true running team can beat out a true passing team and the Bama game was proof. But having a stellar defense is a massive help as well.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dunkwindex:
With all of the Hi Tech Spread offenses in College Football, it's great to see The Alabama Crimson Tide do it the sure fire way. Build the biggest and baddest O-Line and "Pound the Rock". Niners need to stop using patch work to build the Offensive Line and invest in some "Road Graders". The Bengals picked up one of these "Bama Boys" and started to commit to the run with quality people and went from worst to first.

http://gsn.gridironsource.com/_2009-ALABAMA-POWER-RUNNING-GAME-FEATURING-MARK-INGRAM/video/859287/32256.html

yea but that bama boy they picked up hasn't even started a game yet.

[ Edited by krizay on Dec 10, 2009 at 07:35:01 ]
Originally posted by krizay:

Facts? Blasphemous!
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Actually I fully agree with you. I was gonna post something about how a true running team can beat out a true passing team and the Bama game was proof. But having a stellar defense is a massive help as well.

Which true passing team has Bama played exactly? That style wins in the SEC because there are no great QBs, or even really good ones in the SEC. It can also be said that Bama beat FLA because of it's passing game moreso than the RBs. THE SEC is good because of speed more than anything. The Big10 is the one with the philosophy you guys are talking about, and you see the result. Speed, not brute strength is what wins at all levels of football.
Originally posted by TX9R:

Which true passing team has Bama played exactly? That style wins in the SEC because there are no great QBs, or even really good ones in the SEC. It can also be said that Bama beat FLA because of it's passing game moreso than the RBs. THE SEC is good because of speed more than anything. The Big10 is the one with the philosophy you guys are talking about, and you see the result. Speed, not brute strength is what wins at all levels of football.

Bama can beat any team this year, plain and simple. They pounded the rock and got the yards when they needed them. You go out and hit the D enough they start to wear down and that's why running is important. UF bailed on the running game and when you become 1 dimensional you can get boxed in. I wouldn't say there are no good QB's in the SEC, considering Stafford just went #1 overall last year.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by krizay:

Facts? Blasphemous!

http://www.nfl.com/players/andresmith/profile?id=SMI038279
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

Bama can beat any team this year, plain and simple. They pounded the rock and got the yards when they needed them. You go out and hit the D enough they start to wear down and that's why running is important. UF bailed on the running game and when you become 1 dimensional you can get boxed in. I wouldn't say there are no good QB's in the SEC, considering Stafford just went #1 overall last year.

Stafford went #1 based more on potential than production. His stats were less then stellar for his career. Really go back and name a great QB from the SEC not named Manning, you have to go back a ways. I'm not saying running is not important, but anyone can see the game has changed to a passing game. Just look at even the SEC CG, the team that had success passing the ball won. You can't be one dimensional in any aspect, but to say simply running the ball will win is dead wrong.

Stafford went #1 based more on potential than production. His stats were less then stellar for his career. Really go back and name a great QB from the SEC not named Manning, you have to go back a ways. I'm not saying running is not important, but anyone can see the game has changed to a passing game. Just look at even the SEC CG, the team that had success passing the ball won. You can't be one dimensional in any aspect, but to say simply running the ball will win is dead wrong.

You're right, only running puts you in a corner just like only passing. My point being Bama was doing what they wanted to in the air and on the ground. Bama is exactly how Sing wants this team to be, when we run we run hard and get good yardage. Imposing your will on another team is really what Sing wants and the Bama game is the fundamental idea of how he wants this team ran.

The biggest issue against Seattle, we couldn't run effectively to get the first on 3rd and short. If you can run and get the tough yards you will be successful, that's how you win the tough games....especially in December in the cold. Go back and look when Brady and Moss had that monster year and went to the Superbowl. They had no run game and the Giants did, NY shut down Brady and they had no other options. NY could pass the ball very well but they were just as dangerous on the ground.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Thats fine in college but the NFL has become a passing league ... defenders basically aren't allowed to hit the QB or touch the WRs.

Running is important but the game is changing.

Awesome man! Great news. Now we know how to build a team to beat Florida University!!!

Guess what...Baas and Rachal both are supposed to be those road graders...

We need an offensive line coach who can show them how to use their talents and use proper technique. Putting in big guys doesn't always mean they'll play like they're big.

Nothing that's done in college should be used as an example in the pros.

I am sorry Texas guy, but over the long haul there have been more good QBs coming out of the SEC than the Big 12. All I have to say is one last name, and it will encompass three great QBs (Manning). Can you tell me the last Sooner or Longhorn QB who has made as much of a difference in the Pros. Maybe someone from Nebraska or Kansas, huh.

I think Vandy and Tennesee have produced more servicable QBs than the Big 12 combined.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

I am sorry Texas guy, but over the long haul there have been more good QBs coming out of the SEC than the Big 12. All I have to say is one last name, and it will encompass three great QBs (Manning). Can you tell me the last Sooner or Longhorn QB who has made as much of a difference in the Pros. Maybe someone from Nebraska or Kansas, huh.

I think Vandy and Tennesee have produced more servicable QBs than the Big 12 combined.

I never mentioned the big12, let's not have that endless debate, we all know SEC people think there are no other conferences. Again, one name, Manning is all that's come out of there. The SEC is great at putting out many positions, QB historically is not one of them. I would say that pretty much every other conference has put out more quality QBs than SEC. Look at the best teams the SEC has had in the last decade, none of them had what I would call an NFL calibur QB because their teams aren't set up that way. It works great. In college.
Originally posted by dman:
Thats fine in college but the NFL has become a passing league ... defenders basically aren't allowed to hit the QB or touch the WRs.

Running is important but the game is changing.

This
The Bengals got healthy and finally started doing something on defense. Plus, the Steelers and Ravens aren't playing nearly as well as they have in the past.
Share 49ersWebzone