LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 296 users in the forums

My early offseason mock

I don't think Best will even go in the 1st round. He has not put up huge #'s and he has not proven to be very durable.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
My eyes hurt. Otis, the rounds projections here are really off.

Not meaning to be rude or anything, this is just a little unreasonable, my friend.

Being this early anyone can drop anytime. You know as well as I how fast did , Branch drop from a top 10 pick a few years back to Arizona getting him in the second? Its almost impossible to project rounds this early other then the first rounders. why do your eyes hurt they should feel good.I assume your talking about George and or Shipley?

Branch was never projected to go top 10. Not after Tim Krumrie exposed him during drills. That's a bad example.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
My eyes hurt. Otis, the rounds projections here are really off.

Not meaning to be rude or anything, this is just a little unreasonable, my friend.

Being this early anyone can drop anytime. You know as well as I how fast did , Branch drop from a top 10 pick a few years back to Arizona getting him in the second? Its almost impossible to project rounds this early other then the first rounders. why do your eyes hurt they should feel good.I assume your talking about George and or Shipley?

I'm talking about Reynolds and Shipley.

Shipley has put up monstrous numbers in the Big 12 and he's both too good, too fast, and too productive to go later than the 2nd or 3rd at the very, very worst.

No-name Johnny Knox went in the 4th I believe? And really just because of speed.

And Reynolds would be a first round pick I'm sure if he entered, even though he's just a redshirt sophomore -- but he's not entering as far as I know.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 11, 2009 at 15:26:53 ]
Share 49ersWebzone