Tebow to Jags . . . wink nod ?

Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
The Jags can have him.
I hope the rams pick him.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by MaliCali:
so many people hating on Tim lol..

when he has put up PASSING numbers that rival, and in some cases, best, Peyton Mannings college numbers in the SEC...including accuracy..

people know him as a runner and immediately assume he cant throw..

Seriously. I like Tebow and I understand that he'll be a project, but why everyone hates on him is beyond me. He's a winner, a leader, very passionate about the game, and one of the players that fights for every yard. I'm not saying that he would make an immediate impact in the NFL, but a year or two sitting and watching could do him wonders.

Hate is a strong word. I would say that doubt and skepticism better describe most people's feelings about Tebow. I just do not think he will be a very good QB in the NFL and would be soooo pissed if my team took him in rd 1. Having said that, I hope he does well and proves us wrong.

Doubt and skepticism, I can respect. There are people on here that just absolutely trash on him. They call him garbage and are just set on the idea that he's going to do horrible in the pros. What they don't understand is that if Tebow gets a good QB coach and sits and watches on the sideline for about two years, he could develop into a decent NFL QB. The guy is a winner, won a Heisman and he still gets no respect. I hope he proves everyone wrong.
Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
I can understand why the jags would do this. They can't put cheeks in seats right now, but it only makes business sense if Teebow pans out. If he's a flop, than there may be a one year boost in ticket sales, but that's it. It smacks a bit of desperation imo.

And, personally, I wish every team in front of us would reach for talent that could be had later on. Think Al Davis and DHB - that worked out pretty well for us.

when he has put up PASSING numbers that rival, and in some cases, best, Peyton Mannings college numbers in the SEC...including accuracy..

Seriously. I like Tebow and I understand that he'll be a project, but why everyone hates on him is beyond me. He's a winner, a leader, very passionate about the game, and one of the players that fights for every yard. I'm not saying that he would make an immediate impact in the NFL, but a year or two sitting and watching could do him wonders.

Whether or not you're a Tebow fan, the notion itself is appalling. No franchise is worth the integrity of the draft.

whether you're a tebow fan or not, just the notion of this happening is appalling. No franchise is worth the integrity of the draft.

Hate is a strong word. I would say that doubt and skepticism better describe most people's feelings about Tebow. I just do not think he will be a very good QB in the NFL and would be soooo pissed if my team took him in rd 1. Having said that, I hope he does well and proves us wrong.

[ Edited by ishkabibel on Dec 9, 2009 at 09:44:57 ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

Doubt and skepticism, I can respect. There are people on here that just absolutely trash on him. They call him garbage and are just set on the idea that he's going to do horrible in the pros. What they don't understand is that if Tebow gets a good QB coach and sits and watches on the sideline for about two years, he could develop into a decent NFL QB. The guy is a winner, won a Heisman and he still gets no respect. I hope he proves everyone wrong.

I think you could say that about most any prospect good enough to get drafted. Situation is everything to 95% of all QB prospects. Other than a few select blue chip talents, the majority of the leagues better QBs are those who sit a few years in the same system with the same coaches and talent around them when they got their chance.
Originally posted by TX9R:

I think you could say that about most any prospect good enough to get drafted. Situation is everything to 95% of all QB prospects. Other than a few select blue chip talents, the majority of the leagues better QBs are those who sit a few years in the same system with the same coaches and talent around them when they got their chance.

Exactly. But people still bash him
f**k Tebow
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
f**k Tebow

This post is exactly what I was talking about. People bashing him without any reason.

f**k Tebow

This post is exactly what I was talking about. People bashing him without any reason.

lol, I knew you'd bite.

No, I just don't think he'll be successful for reasons already posted. All the talk about him being a winner, doesn't translate into him being an actual good player. I think Alabama showed us just a glimpse of what will most likely happen to him IMO.
f**k Tebow

Sometimes you just have to consider the source. I dont think the majority of people hate the guy or say stupid things about him. However, there are always people who say really stupid things. Its like the guy who bashed Gerhart and admitted his incredible hatred and jealousy. LOL. Get a life!
I don't hate Tebow as a prospect, I simply think he's overrated by a lot of his fans.

I don't think he's worthy of a top ten pick.
f**k Tebow

lol, I knew you'd bite.

No, I just don't think he'll be successful for reasons already posted. All the talk about him being a winner, doesn't translate into him being an actual good player. I think Alabama showed us just a glimpse of what will most likely happen to him IMO.

Damn I can't believe I took the bait.

The Alabama game could be blamed on the Florida defense or McElroy's ability to finally step up for the team. Tebow didn't have a terrible game. He still hit over 50% of his passes and threw a few deep balls. But then again, everyone's entitled their own opinion and I respect yours.
f**k Tebow

Sometimes you just have to consider the source. I dont think the majority of people hate the guy or say stupid things about him. However, there are always people who say really stupid things. Its like the guy who bashed Gerhart and admitted his incredible hatred and jealousy. LOL. Get a life!

Yea I'm glad that guy stopped with his hate posts after I gave proof about the amount of classes he's taking this semester.
Share 49ersWebzone