LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 206 users in the forums

Best 'Spread'/Draw RB in 2010?

I know Spiller and Best would be great out of a single-back, spread offense.. but who else? Noel Divine? DeMarco Murray? Looking for a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
We have to many holes IMO to pull another RB in the "later" rounds, if we go after a RB it has to be in Round 1.....if Spiller is gone then we wait for a FA or 2011.
Noel Divine would be awsome
How about Reggie Bush?
Originally posted by bzborow1:
How about Reggie Bush?

Love to have him in our back field.
I want CJ Spiller!
  • dman
  • Veteran
Joe McKnight might be worth a look in the middle rounds.
to answer the ?, I think you have to define the qualities you're looking for in the spread/draw running back? anyone know what they are?
Originally posted by dman:

i remember he was supposed to be the next reggie bush in SC. btw, i would rather have bush than spiller. that would free up another pick to draft a Trent Williams or another elite tackle
Originally posted by dman:

doesn't he have fumble issues though?

I've liked Demarco Murray for a while. If we can't get Spiller or we pass on Best I wouldn't mind picking him in the 2nd or whatever.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
We have to many holes IMO to pull another RB in the "later" rounds, if we go after a RB it has to be in Round 1.....if Spiller is gone then we wait for a FA or 2011.

Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Is this better...?

If we are going to get a RB I want a top 10 superstar, I don't want to f**k around with it. We either go for gold in the draft or take a band-aid in FA to sustain shortly. I don't expect Reggie Bush to come here and Sproles will stay in SD.
Hands down Mark Ingram & we get M. Gilyard, C. Dunlap, N. Suh, J. Haden, & E. Berry !!!
Have any speedy/change of pace backs emerged now that the underclassman have declared?

I 100% agree with the fans that talked about trying to grab a value pick later in the draft.

Can you draft guru's provide a scouting report on these players?
Joe McKnight, USC
LaMarcus Coker, Hampton

anyone else who could fill into that speedy/burner category?
Share 49ersWebzone