There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Trading up for Okung

Originally posted by jreff22:
no

No.

Okung isn't even that much of a blue chipper.
i wouldnt mind only if we trade our 1st rounder and our 4th rounder i dont see why people would object to this he is a really good RT in both run and pass
Originally posted by TX9R:
2 1st rounders for a RT is a bad idea all around.

Yep, and we need a pass-rushing OLB and a QB much more anyways.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i wouldnt mind only if we trade our 1st rounder and our 4th rounder i dont see why people would object to this he is a really good RT in both run and pass

While we're at it maybe we can trade a 5th rounder for Demarcus Ware?

If you can find a time when a team threw in a 4th round pick and moved up even 1 spot in the first round I'd love to see it.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

While we're at it maybe we can trade a 5th rounder for Demarcus Ware?

If you can find a time when a team threw in a 4th round pick and moved up even 1 spot in the first round I'd love to see it.

thats what the OP said but personally iw ould even do it for a 3rd rounder
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by ninertico:
No way. Given the amount of quality OTs in the first for our RT needs, I'd say to trade up for Eric Berry instead.

I too also believe that Carolina's pick will be top ten even top 5 potentially. I really don't see them winning two games, at most one and that's next week against TB which might upset them leaving them with 0-5 to finish out the year with only FOUR wins...damn!!!

The Raiders, Chief and Redskins all have the ability to win one more making them even with the Panthers. There is so much time left that it is anyone's guess, but I really like our top 10 chances right now.

My scenario would be Berry or trade down if he's taken. Maybe pick up another second so we would have four picks in the top 64. If that is the case, I would want to do this:

1a: Williams
1b: Iupati
2a: Hughes
2b: J. Arenas

We get our OL fixed. We get a great pass rusher to add to the mix and we land a very dynamic RS in Arenas and give us depth in the secondary.

However, my choice right now would be to get Berry no matter what especially if we are so close in the top 10. He would be the one to jump for, IMO. He would immediately take M. Lewis' spot allowing he and Goldson to be an incredible tandem at the safety positions.

We certainly have some options though!

Who's gonna play corner? Nobody ever has an answer to that.

That's why I say move Clements to safety and (1) sign a corner in FA or (2) take a guy like Joe Haden with our 2nd 1st rounder..

Haden will require our 1st pick in the draft - a scenario which I feel would fit very nicely, it goes as follows:

[1a]Joe Haden
    [1b]Jerry Hughes
    [2]Mike Iupati
    [3]Marshawn Gilyard

I should mention that, I feel our need at RT should be addressed via FA enabling us to focus on drafting the BPA with each draft selection.
[ Edited by abowers1984 on Nov 30, 2009 at 11:47 PM ]
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by ninertico:
No way. Given the amount of quality OTs in the first for our RT needs, I'd say to trade up for Eric Berry instead.

I too also believe that Carolina's pick will be top ten even top 5 potentially. I really don't see them winning two games, at most one and that's next week against TB which might upset them leaving them with 0-5 to finish out the year with only FOUR wins...damn!!!

The Raiders, Chief and Redskins all have the ability to win one more making them even with the Panthers. There is so much time left that it is anyone's guess, but I really like our top 10 chances right now.

My scenario would be Berry or trade down if he's taken. Maybe pick up another second so we would have four picks in the top 64. If that is the case, I would want to do this:

1a: Williams
1b: Iupati
2a: Hughes
2b: J. Arenas

We get our OL fixed. We get a great pass rusher to add to the mix and we land a very dynamic RS in Arenas and give us depth in the secondary.

However, my choice right now would be to get Berry no matter what especially if we are so close in the top 10. He would be the one to jump for, IMO. He would immediately take M. Lewis' spot allowing he and Goldson to be an incredible tandem at the safety positions.

We certainly have some options though!

Who's gonna play corner? Nobody ever has an answer to that.

That's why I say move Clements to safety and (1) sign a corner in FA or (2) take a guy like Joe Haden with our 2nd 1st rounder..

I like Haden too. Not sure if I like Iupati or Haden more.

Haden is a much more valuable commodity... Iupati has the potential to be a road-grading interior lineman, but is still very raw to this point and probably deserves to be selected somewhere in the late 1st round / early 2nd.

Haden is an elite cover corner who possesses excellent physicality - enabling him to jam receivers at the line as well as come up in run support.
  • sbccpv20
  • Info N/A
I’ve been reading a few mock drafts which have Okung slipping in the draft to around 8-10. Looking at the pick value board I noticed if we traded the 13th and 79th pick in this draft plus next year’s third we could trade up to pick 7. So my question is simple if Okung were to slip how would the board feel if the Niners were to move up and grab him? In my opinion this would be great I know it’s a big if, that he falls past Seattle and KC but I think he would be a day one starter at RT with the potential to push Staley and in the next few years take his spot at LT.

[ Edited by sbccpv20 on Feb 26, 2010 at 00:45:19 ]
No.
Originally posted by sspiker:
No.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
No.
Originally posted by mayo63:
No.
it depends does that mean no otehr OT was taken? Then no becuase we will get a solid solid player at 13 like anthony davis

if anthony davis or another OT went before then yes i would trade up ahead of the bills and take okung he is by far a dominant LT and he has all the tools to be all pro and easily be a pro bowler
No.
Yes. Getting the best OT in the draft would be a great asset.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home