There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A Few More Unknown Players to Recognize

Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by ninergold:
I wonder how Alex Boone is progressing?

So do I. The fact that we decided to take a no-name in Chris Patrick from another team, rather than elevate Boone, a guy who supposedly had first-day talent -- tells me he's progressing slowly.

You know what else it tells me? Or shows me, actually? That our OL coaching may really be as bad as we think it is, and as bad as it appears. If not worse.

yea, i don't know what it is, but the Oline has not improved since, well, the last decade. The best OL we've had was the one in '06 and it's just dropped off since then.

This o-line coaching has to be addressed by Singletary in the offseason.
Originally posted by tohara3:

So do I. The fact that we decided to take a no-name in Chris Patrick from another team, rather than elevate Boone, a guy who supposedly had first-day talent -- tells me he's progressing slowly.

You know what else it tells me? Or shows me, actually? That our OL coaching may really be as bad as we think it is, and as bad as it appears. If not worse.

yea, i don't know what it is, but the Oline has not improved since, well, the last decade. The best OL we've had was the one in '06 and it's just dropped off since then.

Yes. This really can't be said too many times.

I have to wonder if we might consider Stanford's OL coach, maybe Iowa's. Both seem to be doing a pretty dang good job with whoever they have to work with. We need somebody who can get the most, if not more, out of each player's talent and abilities, as well as getting these guys to be fundamentally and TECHNICALLY sound.

It's like some of these guys' techniques just went straight out the window over the past year.
jameson konz of kent state is a 6-3 227 converted linebacker, who projects as a fullback/tight end/h-back...runs a 4.55 forty

with the way niners have used delanie walker to try to create matchup problems ...a guy like konz might create similar matchup problems (line him up as fullback---and run, or as a tight end and pass)

if niners are going to continue to run their shotgun offense, they may be looking at more hybrid type players like walker
Last draft the Pats picked up a guy OT - Sebastian Vollmer who is now starting for them and doing very well. Who does the scouting for our Oline prospects?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Last draft the Pats picked up a guy OT - Sebastian Vollmer who is now starting for them and doing very well. Who does the scouting for our Oline prospects?

I have to wonder if we might consider Stanford's OL coach, maybe Iowa's. Both seem to be doing a pretty dang good job with whoever they have to work with. We need somebody who can get the most, if not more, out of each player's talent and abilities, as well as getting these guys to be fundamentally and TECHNICALLY sound.

It's like some of these guys' techniques just went straight out the window over the past year.

I would be very happy if we could get one of them. We really need someone new.