Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:Originally posted by kronik:
No offense but, thank god you aren't our GM.
1. A Top 10 pick for (as you said it) an unproven QB. So what happens if Kolb sucks? You just set this franchise back even further. I'd use this 1st rounder on the best OL prospect available or Berry if he is available.
2. You are looking to trade away our best OLB, for you don't know what?
3, Holmgren? Have you seen his past drafts? This guy is so overrated. There is a thread somewhere in the zone which lists all his picks. Look for it. If you still want him after seeing that list, then ....
1. If you get a QB with a draft pick he is unproven. Are you suggesting that spending a top pick on a QB doesn't pay off? Can I ask, how do you suggest we address the glaring glaring glaring hole at QB?
2. Manny Lawson is our best OLB? I mean, what? We need a guy to get close to or more than 10 sacks per season, lawson hasn't had that many in 4 years. I realize that forgetting to mention him is a huge mistake, and I should just add him to the depth chart, but Manny is simply not a fit here. 3-4 OLB are here to pressure the QB.
3. Holmgren has coached he greatest QBs in history of the game. Noone has coached that great QBs. This makes him crucial to what we need to do.
Like I said, you are entitled to your opinion. But myself along with many others don't agree with it. To trade a top 10 pick for Kevin Kolb who was a 2nd rd pick is a joke. Before his good games this year when McNabb was out, how did he do? I'll tell you how, he sucked badly!!! So you would basically trade a top 10 pick for him shows DESPERATION big time. We would be the laughing stock of the league. Hell, I wouldn't had traded a 1st rounder for Derek Anderson after that pro-bowl year he had. Look how he's turned out. There are so many QB's that play decent in a few games, then get rewarded with a big FA contract or trade. I've rarely seen any of those moves work out.
If you are so desperate for a QB, with that top 10 pick, we can easily select a QB who has better tools and is much younger (Bradford). But personally, I'd like to see the rest of the year before I commit to using another top 10 pick on a QB. If Alex sucks (and Shaun Hill sucks for sure), then I'd take Locker, Bradford. If they're both takened by then, I'd take Berry, or the best OL prospect. I'd also use the other 1st on another OL if a good one is still there.
With this year's draft, it looks like it is LOADED with OLB prospects. I'd use our high 2nd rd pick on the best one available.
I'd also trade down with one of our 1st rounders if possible.
PS: Any draft that includes a slow white boy RB tells me alot.. It means you are easily manipulated by hype. Leonard the RB from Rutgers comes to mind. He was bigger and faster than Gerhart. Big time bust for the Rams.
[ Edited by kronik on Nov 21, 2009 at 8:16 PM ]