LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

My Updated (11/21) Mock

Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by kronik:
No offense but, thank god you aren't our GM.

1. A Top 10 pick for (as you said it) an unproven QB. So what happens if Kolb sucks? You just set this franchise back even further. I'd use this 1st rounder on the best OL prospect available or Berry if he is available.

2. You are looking to trade away our best OLB, for you don't know what?

3, Holmgren? Have you seen his past drafts? This guy is so overrated. There is a thread somewhere in the zone which lists all his picks. Look for it. If you still want him after seeing that list, then ....

1. If you get a QB with a draft pick he is unproven. Are you suggesting that spending a top pick on a QB doesn't pay off? Can I ask, how do you suggest we address the glaring glaring glaring hole at QB?

2. Manny Lawson is our best OLB? I mean, what? We need a guy to get close to or more than 10 sacks per season, lawson hasn't had that many in 4 years. I realize that forgetting to mention him is a huge mistake, and I should just add him to the depth chart, but Manny is simply not a fit here. 3-4 OLB are here to pressure the QB.

3. Holmgren has coached he greatest QBs in history of the game. Noone has coached that great QBs. This makes him crucial to what we need to do.

Like I said, you are entitled to your opinion. But myself along with many others don't agree with it. To trade a top 10 pick for Kevin Kolb who was a 2nd rd pick is a joke. Before his good games this year when McNabb was out, how did he do? I'll tell you how, he sucked badly!!! So you would basically trade a top 10 pick for him shows DESPERATION big time. We would be the laughing stock of the league. Hell, I wouldn't had traded a 1st rounder for Derek Anderson after that pro-bowl year he had. Look how he's turned out. There are so many QB's that play decent in a few games, then get rewarded with a big FA contract or trade. I've rarely seen any of those moves work out.

If you are so desperate for a QB, with that top 10 pick, we can easily select a QB who has better tools and is much younger (Bradford). But personally, I'd like to see the rest of the year before I commit to using another top 10 pick on a QB. If Alex sucks (and Shaun Hill sucks for sure), then I'd take Locker, Bradford. If they're both takened by then, I'd take Berry, or the best OL prospect. I'd also use the other 1st on another OL if a good one is still there.

With this year's draft, it looks like it is LOADED with OLB prospects. I'd use our high 2nd rd pick on the best one available.

I'd also trade down with one of our 1st rounders if possible.

PS: Any draft that includes a slow white boy RB tells me alot.. It means you are easily manipulated by hype. Leonard the RB from Rutgers comes to mind. He was bigger and faster than Gerhart. Big time bust for the Rams.
[ Edited by kronik on Nov 21, 2009 at 8:16 PM ]
Very well put together, I don't agree with Brown at 20 and I don't think the Rams will let Atogwe get away, plus with him dating Singletary's daughter I just don't think it's an overall good idea.

But like I said, well put together, I enjoyed reading.
Are you serious?

10th pick in the deepest draft in years for an unproven QB? I would stop rooting for the niners for at least 10 years if that happened.

If you're going to make such a retarded trade we would get Kolb + Philly's first rounder.
My thoughts on this mock. I love your thinking here. You get it. We need a philosophy change on offense. To those who say we don't run the WCO. We barely run an offense period. Change OC's, and bring in a West Coast guy. Not that hard of a concept, and if we land Holmgren you better believe that he has some quality offensive OC's in the back of his mind.

I'm all for getting Kolb, but you did over compensate Philly. Schaub costed Houston two 2nd rounders and a swap of picks in the 1st round. The 11th pick in the draft is probally going a little overboard.

Brandon Graham is the perfect selection for us.

Atwoge, Moore, Mankins won't happen and you're too active with your early trades for it to be a reallistic mock.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 21, 2009 at 11:26 PM ]
you want to keep Shaun Hill????
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
you want to keep Shaun Hill????

You don't want him as a backup? He still wins games in case you're forgetting. Something Alex can't figure out how to do
Originally posted by solidg2000:
1. We don't run a WCO
2. Gerhart will in no way shape or form be available in the 4th round, I will put money on it.
3. Manny is Money!, if you can't see that it's a shame for you. You should consider watching the niners play and see what he brings to the team. and Haralson is garbage.

yeah i also see him becoming a half back. a better man's brian leonard and greg jones who've argued against and ended up becoming fullbacks in their NFL careers
The Eagles are trading Kolb that would defeat the whole purpose of drafting him in the 1st place. Only dumb teams do that and teh Eagels frotn office is one of the best in the league. If the Niners gonna make a trade call Carolina and get Peppers.
Take out the Kolb deal as that is something that neither team would do.

I do like your draft picks.
Originally posted by lamontb:
The Eagles are trading Kolb that would defeat the whole purpose of drafting him in the 1st place. Only dumb teams do that and teh Eagels frotn office is one of the best in the league. If the Niners gonna make a trade call Carolina and get Peppers.

no need to trade for peppers hes a fa after this yr, and if that i dont know if its a good idea to sign a 30 yr old dlineman who never played in the 3-4 even if its peppers. i'll take my chances on merriman if he hits fa

McNabb turns 33 next year and if the Eagles like Kolb as much as you do it will take more than one first round pick to get him, try multipe high draft picks. I wouldnt be opposed to taking a Tony Pike or Dan LeFevour with a 2nd round pick.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Take out the Kolb deal as that is something that neither team would do.

I do like your draft picks.

No one knows that. McNabb is 33 years old and still has a good 5 years in him. Kolb's not going to wait for him to retire before he gets his shot, and Philly can only delay this decision to 2010 before they have to make their choice.

McNabb's contract comes up in 10. If Philly extends McNabb this offseason Kolb will be on the market the next day. There's no point of keeping him after that.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 23, 2009 at 12:19 PM ]
f**k Kevin Kolb
I don't know if you could make a worse trade for our first round pick.

If Kevin Kolb was truely a franchise QB why hasn't he won the job from McNabb (who is servicable but clearly not as good as he once was)

If memory serves me correct Kolb has had one good game and the rest have been average to forgetable.

Like I said it is your fantasy but I don't see this team being any better than this current team. I think you are highly underrating Manny Lawsons value. No he isn't a superstar pass rusher but he is a very good starter for our defense but I guess we should just get rid of him for nothing.

If we go a different direction from Alex Smith at QB we will draft one not burn a top 10-15 pick on an unproven backup.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by kronik:
No offense but, thank god you aren't our GM.

1. A Top 10 pick for (as you said it) an unproven QB. So what happens if Kolb sucks? You just set this franchise back even further. I'd use this 1st rounder on the best OL prospect available or Berry if he is available.

2. You are looking to trade away our best OLB, for you don't know what?

3, Holmgren? Have you seen his past drafts? This guy is so overrated. There is a thread somewhere in the zone which lists all his picks. Look for it. If you still want him after seeing that list, then ....

i agree dont like any of the moves
Share 49ersWebzone