LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 133 users in the forums

Players that would fit in to Jimmy rayes offense

Drafting Charles Brown/Bryan Bulaga and Mike Iupati in the 1st round would be perfect fits for this offense. And maybe in the 3rd round, select Toby Gerhart.
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:
I'll tell you straight up, my friends. Guys that fit in Jimmy Raye's system:

Frank Gore is a perfect fit. Tough, gritty, runs hard, low, and fights for every inch.
Vernon Davis is a perfect fit. Blocks like a tackle. Creates huge mismatches.

I think Morgan and Crabtree are good fits as well. Not afraid to block, and run hard after the catch. Not afraid of contact.

The offensive line doesn't fit. It takes 3 to 5 road graders to make it work. The Center and Guards you bet your butt MUST be road graders for it to click like it can. And at one of the Tackles needs to be as well. We don't have that. I mean guys like Larry Allen, , Kevin Gogan types. Mean, nasty, stout, road graders. The system needs guys who can move defensive fronts backwards at the point of attack, and not rely on scheme. That's what we lack.

I think we have pretty good players now. I don't think the system fits the players we have.

That asks the age old question:

Do you aquire players that fit your philosophy, or adapt your philosophy to the players you have?

Agree & hope that Scot & Singletary go into the offseason with a decisive plan!
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Drafting Charles Brown/Bryan Bulaga and Mike Iupati in the 1st round would be perfect fits for this offense. And maybe in the 3rd round, select Toby Gerhart.

I would like Charles Brown & Mike Iupati in the draft.
Originally posted by tohara3:

I was huge in drafting CJ Spiller and I still am a little bit, but thinking about an o-line that consists of Staley, Iupati, Heitmann, Chilo, and Brown, it gives me the absolute chills to finally have a consistent line for years to come.
  • mando1988
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by valrod33:
Christian Okoye and Mike Alstot

Lol yeah those would be good...they can also try and bring Jerome bettis or bam Morris out of retirement haha....
John Riggins, Franco Harris, Barry Word, Christian Okoye or by the style of play anyone of the Halas Bears Offense ;|
Originally posted by tohara3:

I was huge in drafting CJ Spiller and I still am a little bit, but thinking about an o-line that consists of Staley, Iupati, Heitmann, Chilo, and Brown, it gives me the absolute chills to finally have a consistent line for years to come.

Sure but if we draft them and they struggle in their rookie season, then they will be labeled as busts and need to be replaced. Because, as we all know, if you're not a Pro Bowler in your rookie season, you're a piece of s**t...
Peyton Manning is the only person who fits Jimmy Rayes offense

because he is the only person who can call his own plays and not have to run the same 7 plays jimmy raye gives him.
a small speedy slot receiver that could produce some YAC
Originally posted by Riot:
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by Riot:
Brock Lesnar.

He was a DT.

But he'd be a scat-back in Raye's offense.

And a punt returner...

Anybody described as simple, slow, big, simple, predictable, simple,
Dump Raye, and we don't have to have this discussion.
  • titan
  • Veteran
They are still in Junior Pop Warner football. They are not allowed to pass the football at this time.
Share 49ersWebzone