LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Rising players making a name for themselves.

I stopped reading after I saw Jonathan Crompton.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Hey OTC, what round do you think we can get John Jerry from Ole Miss in? Would be nice if we could plug him in at LG.

Jerry's game is so limited to playing in a phone booth that his value will be substantially lower than many other guards coming out. Just very little mobility.

Thanks alot MadDog.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Hey OTC, what round do you think we can get John Jerry from Ole Miss in? Would be nice if we could plug him in at LG.

It's looking like the 4th at this point. 5th at the latest, I believe.

Thanks alot OTC!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

It's looking like the 4th at this point. 5th at the latest, I believe.

Thanks alot OTC!

I would, however, expect that grade to drop substantially if he times even worse than expected for his 350 pound frame. 5.3 - 5.4 I think would keep him in that range. But once you start getting into 5.5+ -- That really hurts you because you're dealing with far faster defensive players in the NFL, and you've got to be able to move. If he clocks far more poorly than expected, and can't show half-decent foot movement, he could drop a round or two.

Originally posted by Sjceruti:

You should have read further; you would've seen that the "rise" in regards to Crompton is merely referring to a simple "UDFA to Late 5th-7th" round status.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 19, 2009 at 8:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

I hated him as much as anybody last year. But, if you can't admit he is playing good, if not great football right now then you are blind, or you don't know sqaut about football.
Share 49ersWebzone